News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Positron Studio Update

Started by JohnB, Jul 29, 2021, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atomix

Positron Studio 18 beta latest have bug.

JohnB

Thanks Atomix, I have found the problem and corrected it.
Will be issuing an update by end of day.
JohnB

JohnB

I have fixed the following issues:

Invalid Integer and subsequent memory leak as reported by Atomix
Device is added to project file when creating a new project from existing files. As reported by joesaliba

Download update from here

Please confirm if these issues have been fixed.
JohnB

atomix

See_Mos

Hi John,
would it be possible to add the right margin to the colour settings please?

joesaliba

John,

Some time ago I asked if it was possible to force the IDE to begin writing at column 1 instead of 0, so lines for If....Then etc will be better visible.

Thanks

Joe

JohnB

@See_Mos I could add Right Margin Colour when I have completed my new Options Dialog.  The present one doesn't have room to add this option.

@joesaliba The best I can offer you at present is to Check AutoIndent on the Options dialog.  When this is set a new line will be indented to the same indent as the previous line. Or you could select the whole document and press Tab to indent the whole document.  I haven't found a way of adding a fixed indent on each line.
JohnB

joesaliba

Thanks John for the tip.

I found an access violation, at least on my side.

No matter where the cursor is, it could be at end of code, hitting Delete multiple times, i.e., from 17 to 24 delete, gives an access violation.

It does not happen if I keep the delete pressed.

Joe

joesaliba

Next to Show Right Margin at.....

If the number is triple figure, i.e.: - 100, it does not fit well in the box.

Joe

JohnB

@joesaliba i have uploaded a new version with a few more checks in the hope to catch the access violations. Also increased the size of the spin edit on options. Use the same link as before.
JohnB

joesaliba

John,

Yesterday I do not know what happened, but it was a nightmare with access violation and sometimes had to restart the PC (losing all the work).

Where are all the files located perhaps I delete everything and make a new installation please?

Regards

Joe

See_Mos

Hi john,

On my Windows 11 64 bit PC.   Studio V2.0.2 build 18 is taking about ten seconds from starting to loading the welcome screen even with nothing else running?

And a more serious problem

I have two pieces of code open
I copy a procedure from code A to code B
I then type in code B a procedure call something like My_Procedure(
As soon as I add the ending  )  a second copy of the procedure from code A is inserted from the clipboard and is repeated every time I try to edit out the rogue code.

I hope that description makes sense.

JohnB

@See_Mos Thanks for the description, I can repeat it but not consistently.

@joesaliba - were you able to retrieve any of your files using the auto archive feature?  Were you using the latest version uploaded on 23/10/22?  I haven't managed to raise an Access Violation on this version.  Files are held at c:\Program Files\Positron Studio and C:\Program Data\Positron Studio.
JohnB

JohnB

@See_Mos Suggest you turn off code completion, that will prevent your problem from re-occurring.  I'll come out with an update as soon as possible.

Been doing some testing, leave Code Completion on as this problem only happens when code completion if off.
The bug seems to be with Code Completion being in a half On state.

I have found the problem and a fix will be in the next release
JohnB

See_Mos

Hi John,
Code completion is already turned off.

JohnB

JohnB

joesaliba

John,

After the latest release code format and high lighting does not work as it should, at least here.

For example, from 21 variables only one is coloured blue, the rest black.

I know it takes a while to update the first time but almost 30 minutes and still the same.

Is there any file I can delete perhaps it will be written again to solve the issue?

Joe

John Lawton

Have you tried resetting the Highlighter settings under Options?

joesaliba

No, I found something else and sent files to John with an explanation what happened.

It could be only my system.

Joe

joesaliba

Just checked again.

I only had to type something for the formatting and highlighting to take place.

Joe