News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Positron Studio Update

Started by JohnB, Jul 29, 2021, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

I had forgotten about this issue, code folding and block lines do not get on with each other because the way code folding is implemented in the editor control does not support nested code. I have tried to delve into the TMS code but it is very convoluted and code folding code is spread liberally throughout the TMS code.

Having said that you should not be able to get into the state where code folding is switched off but block lines still thinks code folding is enabled.  At this end I haven't been able to find a sequence which causes code folding to get out of synch with the Block line state. 
JohnB

Oskar-svr

hello LESS and METRO as you mention disabling the Show Code folding option the problem is corrected thanks for the help

John Drew

Hi John
Display is set for 1920*1200 resolution which I calculate as near enough to 96dpi 
I'm having trouble attaching an image. I'll send it via your email. It seems however that the issue has been identified.
John D   

okaman

hi ,
when i run studio ı receiving  this error meassge  !!and i can not use it also no close
stıdio error.png
DWIN Sale Manager TURKEY
(info@kamantek.com)
http://www.kamantek.com/shop/index.php

JohnB

How were you opening the PDF file? Was it from i icon by the device type or were you opening a local file?
JohnB

okaman

it was opened by positron while i use erlierversion...i think it opened from internet.
i can not open any .bas file from samples directory..

i will make uninstall also form windows register  then will istall diret latest version.
DWIN Sale Manager TURKEY
(info@kamantek.com)

okaman

Quote from: okaman on May 11, 2022, 12:36 PMi will make uninstall also form windows register  then will istall diret latest version.

i did it and i have no problem now (i used revo uninstaller pro)
DWIN Sale Manager TURKEY
(info@kamantek.com)

JohnB

Glad you have it up and going again
JohnB

kuhrig

Hi John,
wanted to use your great IDE and open a file on my mapped network drives. It does not display the mapped network drives. Just my local drives.
Proton IDE no problem. Windows explorer.. all displayed.
Any ideas?
Also, where can I download the latest fuse configurator. For any reason it does not open in Proton IDE.
Thanks.
Kai

JohnB

@kuhrig I have NAS here and I can access the drives but having just checked I to cannot see mapped drives.  Can you see the network and access the files from there?

I will look into why its not seeing mapped network drives,  I guess its a permissions issue.  Will report back when I have reached the bottom of it.

I don't maintain the original Fuse configurator, too much like hard work.
JohnB

rick.curl

FYI- I have a NAS here too, and I CAN see mapped drives from the IDE. In fact, most of my source files are stored on the NAS.

Don't know what the difference might be.  I'm still on Windows 8.1.  Could that have anything to do with it?

-Rick

JohnB

HI Rick, good point.

What I have discovered is that when I use the custom styles I get this dialog
Untitled.jpg
and when I disable styles I get this dialog
Explstyle.jpg
JohnB

joesaliba

Hi John,

Which files should I delete to make a new installation. I would like to save the current colours and programmer I have. I noticed there is a text file with all details, asking if it would be enough to keep this text file.

I did nothing since the last time I used PS, and now when I compile it throw an Access violation at the end of compile.

At first I thought it has something to do with Compile and Program, but then I tried Compile only and is the same.

When it happened I had some errors in an include file. Had to close the IDE and reopen to see errors, otherwise after the access violation it does not report them.

Also on close down there are about six memory leak.

Thank you

Joe

JohnB

The file in C:\programdata\positron studio\positronstudio.ini should be all you need so delete the rest.

If you send me the include file which had the error I will see if I can reproduce it.

If you get an access violation most likely that you will also see a memory leak.  It can prove useful knowing what the leak was.  Sometimes it will point me in the right direction.
JohnB

joesaliba

Ok,

It is only a code that is doing this Access Violation.

Tried compiling another code and it was all ok.

Will send you the files.

In the meantime, this is the memory leak: -

Memory Leak.jpg

joesaliba

For future release: -

The following does not change to colour maroon.

Declare Hserial_Changebaud = 9600
Declare MemWrite_Int_Control = 1    ' Allow interrupt when Ewrite is operating
Declare TRIS_REVERSE = On

Regards

Joe

Dompie

@Joe TRIS_REVERSE=On ?? what is the meaning of this Declare. I can only find HighLow_Tris_Reverse in the Protected Compiler Words section of the manual.

Johan

top204

"Hserial_ChangeBaud" is not a declare, it is a command. The same for "Hserial1_ChangeBaud", "Hserial2_ChangeBaud" and "Hserial3_ChangeBaud"

"TRIS_Reverse" is an "unofficial" declare to reverse the mnemonics of the High and Low commands, so the Port is altered first then the TRIS, or vice-versa. Some of the very early devices had some issues with the sequence of the port being made an output, then making it high or low, and wanted it as: Set high or low, then change the TRIS.

I forgot to change the text in the manual. It is not in the syntax highter of the IDE because it stopped being valid many, many years ago, but I just left it in for backward compatability.

Dompie

That is clear and so I quickly forget that declare.

Johan

JohnB

I have a new Beta version of Positron Studio which I would welcome feedback before I formally release it.

There are 2 major updates and some 20 minor improvements and fixes.

1 New Search and Replace dialogs
Improved layout, additional facilities including customised search using regular expressions.

2 New Code Highlighter.
Highlighter now runs in its own thread which, with large files, will reduce lag while editing.
Loading and switching between pages is significantly faster and the whole application feels quicker.

There are further planned changes/additions but this Beta version is for early adopters wishing to try out the new facilities.

Please read the ReadMeFirst file before installing to ensure you can revert back if necessary.

Download the Positron Studio Beta version

Please note this is for 64 bit OS's only - it is not a full install.

Please feed back any issue you find
JohnB