News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

V4.0.0.4 update

Started by See_Mos, Jun 24, 2021, 04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

See_Mos

Hi Les, could you please provide the file as a zip or with a .TXT extension?

I had problems previously downloading the updates but now Microsh1t will now let me download no matter what I try.

top204

Is it the browser that is stopping the download or Windows itself?

If it is the browser, it is time for a change. :-) I use Opera most of the time because FireFox is getting worse and worse, and Micro$oft Edge is just a ridiculously lousy piece of programming, and certainly not trustworthy.

I'll go into the drive and make a zip file of the installer. I cannot make it a .txt file because google will try and open it for viewing before it gives the option to download it.

RGV250

Hi,
I use Firefox but it is Norton that sulks and deletes it so I have to turn it off before downloading. Not sure if a zip will help me as it will probably look inside.
What annoys me is that it is just basing its action on the fact that only a few people have downloaded it.

Bob

trastikata

Quote from: top204 on Jun 24, 2021, 04:42 PMI'll go into the drive and make a zip file of the installer.

Les, the browser will look inside ZIP files too, however if you use a password protected ZIP then it should not be a problem.

top204

Really! You're are actually using Norton??? LOL

It is more of a virus and trojan than actual virus' and trojans. :-)

I used to use it many years ago, but it became so invasive and bloated and dominating and untrustworthy, I got rid of it.

Some browsers and networks will not allow password zip files because they cannot look into them.

See_Mos

I'm actually using Microsoft Edge with Bullguard AV but it is Microsoft that is blocking the download.

What about using .xyz, that should confuse MS

I haven't used Norton for many years because it slowed computers to snail mode and McAfee wasn't much better!

Just tried Firefox and the download is OK, thanks.

Dompie

I am using Windows 10 2021H1 with Chrome and I have no problem downloading.

Johan

Stephen Moss

Like Dompie I am using Chrome (Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and have no problems.
When I click on download it opens another tab displaying a message that "Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses" after a few seconds, I then click on "Download Anyway" downloads it.

I have just tried it in Edge (Version 91.0.864.59 (Official build) (64-bit)), it takes about 12 seconds to display a "no Preview available, Click to download link, upon clicking "download" it then does the same as Chrome, opening a new tab which take about another 10 seconds to show the same virus checking message as Chrome.
When I click on "Download Anyway" it appears to start the download and then states it was blocked because it could harm my computer although I am not sure if the blocking in Edge is an fundamental Edge issue, because I have not changed the relevant Edge setting or set something in Kaspersky to accommodate Edge as I generally use Chrome.

See_Mos

That's exactly what happened here.

I will have to try an alternative browser.

joesaliba

I did remember that using Edge to download PDS ended with a .html extension. The workaround was that after the download rename the extension to .exe.