Opinion JBC soldering station model CD-2BQF T245 and JABE UD-1200

Started by Giuseppe, Jun 25, 2021, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giuseppe

I ask for an opinion on these two soldering stations considering that even the Jabe can mount original Jbc tips, 
can the quality and capacity of the soldering be the same by mounting the original Jbc tips ?

Also, can the duration of the original tips be the same for you on both stations?

JimDrew

I have had the same JBC soldering station for more than 20 years.  Other than changing the tips, I have never had an issue and it is used almost daily for hours.  In fact, it was used 12+ hours a day for about 10 years straight as part of an assembly line setup before I moved it to my personal desk.  I use the T245 and T2245 handles, as well as the tweezers.  All of the base stations are basically the same.  I have several different types, and they all work perfectly still.

JBC tips are made in China, and you can find sellers on Aliexpress that will sell you new tips for 1/3rd (or less) the cost of what JBC wants.  Tips do last a very long time.  I get about a year out of a tip with daily use.  What kills the tips is you trying to clean it too thoroughly (like trying to chip off any hardened flux).  Just clean the area that is actually used for soldering and you will be fine.

I would not use anything else other than JBC, however, it might be that the JABE unit is made in the same facility and by the same people that make the real JBC units.  I seem to recall that the replacement tips I got for my JBC came from a seller on Aliexpress that also sells all of the clone looking units.

Giuseppe

Thanks JimDrew for answering me.
I have seen from various videos on youtube that by putting the original JBC tips the Jabe station can have the same soldering results as the original JBC. Of course it has some missing features such as the USB port for the software update, the protective glass on the display and the color display on Jabe and mocromat is also missing.
Can you provide me the name of the seller where you get the original JBC tips at a lower price?
I put a video reference of the comparison between the 2 stations :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lJRMmgJIlc
I forgot the Jabe also has a rear cooling fan missing on the Original JBC.
Now it remains to be seen if using the original JBC drills on the Jabe station the duration of them is the same?