News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Amicus18 drivers

Started by Gary Scott, Mar 26, 2021, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Scott

Good afternoon campers!

I just dug up my Amicus18 board that is dated 2009. Where can I find the driver? Also does this have the 25k20 or 22? I can't read the pic as it has Amicus18 printed or labeled on the pic.

Thanks for any help

I didn't realize the Amicus was that old, I must be getting old   :o

I found the driver. But Windows 10  says it can't find the driver even though I pointed it to the driver in the Proton IDE folder.  I hate Windows

Gary Scott

The error
amerror.PNG

TimB

From memory the drivers were not signed. So you have to go through a rigmarole to be able to instal them. Search for "installing unsigned drivers windows 10" on the interwebs.

I had to do it several times. It does work though.

Tim

Gary Scott

Quote from: TimB on Mar 26, 2021, 08:24 AMSo you have to go through a rigmarole to be able to instal them..

And you're very correct.I'll put the Amicus back on the shelf and continue using the Curiosity HPS.Thanks for the reply

top204

The Amicus18 was designed before Micro$oft brought in the dreadful driver signing, so they could rip people off even more, but with an excuse!

There is a very straightforward method of installing an unsigned driver with Windows 10:
https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000252416-how-to-install-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-10

I've used the method a few times and it works a treat.