News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Thank god for Les

Started by RGV250, Feb 11, 2021, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

"Ultimate power, ultimately corrupts"

That has been proven many, many times over many thousands of years with humans. To allow a single company to become so large that they can actually try to counteract, or disrupt, a country's laws should never be allowed. It is the ultimate sign that capitalism is so very, very wrong and corrupt to the core because it is operated by beings with only two things on their mind and nothing else. i.e. "Power and Money"

If google collapsed tomorrow, would it really effect the world? Absolutely not! The same has happened to A#*le and Am#z*n etc.... Far, far to large and far too powerful. If they all collapsed, the world would actually be a better place. :-)

HAL

HI
FIREFOX GIVES THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FOR startpage.com.

This add-on is not actively monitored for security by Mozilla. Make sure you trust it before installing.

Is this any cause for concern?
HAL

keytapper

I was using ixquick.com, but it's turned out to redirect to startpage.com.

Currently many search engines are depending on google results and adds, including DDG.com. At the least my search engine allows to see sites anonymously and doesn't feed many targeted adds to your pages.

@HAL
I seems strange, to me, that Firefox reporting such warning. I also use FF, with some add-on for  adds blocker and tracker, but no such warning.
Anyways, I (and somebody else) will assure you that there are no harms to access that site. ;)
Ignorance comes with a cost

HAL

Hi keytapper

I tried to load up startpage to Firefox a few minutes ago and it installed just fine.  No warning messages form Mozilla.  Just a quick, clean install.  I'll give the Duck a rest for a while.  Noticed startpage is highly rated by most everyone.
Thanks for the recommendation!
Regards
HAL