News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Microchip's product pages bugged?

Started by trastikata, Oct 12, 2021, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trastikata

Hi,

For the past week it seems impossible to open any of the MC's product pages - for example trying to open the PIC18F14K50's page redirects you to the main page.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Cheers

Dompie

Yes here the same:
An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #30.8f633e17.1634057156.4378a80

I'm afraid that MC has a lot of pointless changes in store again

Johan

GDeSantis

I am having the same problem in Arizona.

top204

I gave up on the Microchip site quite a while back.

It is slow, bloated, and rather pointless for engineers! It is a site that has "bling", but nothing else. :-)

John Lawton

I usually end up accessing the Microchip site via a search engine. Much easier than trying to search from in the site itself :)

trastikata

Thank you all for the confirmation.

I think Dompie might be right, looks like a new site update is coming.

John Lawton

Quote from: trastikata on Oct 12, 2021, 05:33 PMThank you all for the confirmation.

I think Dompie might be right, looks like a new site update is coming.

Hang on, this looks actually useful: https://www.microchip.com/doclisting/TechDoc.aspx?type=datasheet

RGV250

Hi,
Never had an issue, all I do is put the device into Mr Google and select or add datasheet if it does not come up. From there I just go for the Microchip site offering.

I was thinking, GDeSantis could go round there and knock on their door or has it moved from when I knew it as Arizona Microchip :-)

Bob

Frizie

Now I am looking for a 40-pin DIP PIC with more than 2 UARTs.
Previously you had such a nice overview on the Microchip site where all options could be selected.  :)
Then you selected, for example: 18F + 5Vdc + 40-pins, and all types that met this were filtered out.

I can't find this page either, does anyone know if it's still there somewhere?  ???
Or does anyone know how to find a 40 pin PIC with more than 2 UARTS?
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

Frizie

Hmmm, found something on the Microchip site: MAPS (Microchip Advanced Part Selector)  ;)

Started with the link from this topic:
https://www.microchip.com/doclisting/TechDoc.aspx?type=datasheet

Then:
> Selections Tools Home
> Selections Tools Home
> Scroll down to: MAPS (Microchip Advanced Part Selector)
> MCUs & MPUs
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

Dompie

Yes Frizie, this page this page is very handy.

Johan

Bedankt Frits

towlerg

Microchip like to keep you you on your toes, randomly changing stuff for no apparent reason.

Giuseppe MPO

okmn

Quote from: Frizie on Oct 14, 2021, 08:39 AMNow I am looking for a 40-pin DIP PIC with more than 2 UARTs.
Previously you had such a nice overview on the Microchip site where all options could be selected.  :)
Then you selected, for example: 18F + 5Vdc + 40-pins, and all types that met this were filtered out.

I can't find this page either, does anyone know if it's still there somewhere?  ???
Or does anyone know how to find a 40 pin PIC with more than 2 UARTS?

https://protoncompiler.com/index.php/topic,367.0.html

towlerg

FWIW I use MAPS, its slow and not easy too use but it does have the ability to filter on pretty much everything. I don't know parametric search, maybe it's better. Microchip really should stop writing PC code, they really suck at it.

Dompie