News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Nice job!

Started by dionbrewington, Sep 24, 2021, 05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dionbrewington

This IDE has made it enjoyable to work with pic micros again.  I've been doing a lot of work with esp32 using arduino with a night mode skin and it was going to be rough going back to the stock IDE of proton.  Just wanted to say thanks for this.  One thing that the arduino ide has is the ability to highlight lines, right click, and choose to comment them and then the same will uncomment them.  Very handy.  Just a suggestion.  :^)

keytapper

You might try the Kate editor. Just add my highlighter and you'll be there. Sorry is not well maintained, but there are code folding which helps to find missing closed statements.
Ignorance comes with a cost

JohnB

The next release will have, among other things, a keyboard shortcut to toggle line comments on/off on selected line.
JohnB

John Lawton

Another suggestion (if possible) is the capability of using a different font / size / style for comments text to the main code font.

For instance Notepad++ uses a small green font when I load files it identifies as BASIC code into it. These comments are very readable as they are distinguished from the program code by the different font (Comic Sans MS 8 ) despite being smaller. For me this also makes reading the code easier.

JohnB

Go to Tools, Options, Highlighter
The right hand column is the font style, click on the Comment cell and choose style from the drop down.
You cannot change the font name or font size on individual items, it can only be done globally.
I think that gets you most of what you want unless I have misunderstood your request. 
I'll look into if it would be possible to to make the comment font a different from the default but I suspect it would  quite a big change.
JohnB

John Lawton

Hi John,
yes, using a different font is the main request but I can understand it might well be a lot of work!
John

atomix

Please answer JohnB about this post

keytapper

Quote from: John Lawton on Sep 30, 2021, 03:50 PMFor instance Notepad++ uses a small green font when I load files it identifies as BASIC code into it.
If you haven't tried yet I made some attempts for Notepad++. I haven't grasp yet how the code folding would take a complex formatting.

I like NPP, for the macro, but when it comes to have character's customization it seems to go bananas. For an instance the right hand gutter is not able to point where it should be, the character spacing is irregular, even for fixed width characters.
Ignorance comes with a cost