News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Editors syntax highlighters

Started by keytapper, Feb 16, 2021, 06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keytapper

I've spent a little time to extend the syntax highlighter for Notepad++ and for Kate.
The filenames are self-explanatory for which program they are intended to.

To add the notepad you may go to the menu Language >> User Defined Language >> Define your language... Then a new windows will open.
There you should click  the Import... button. Just browse where you've extracted the files and choose the proper one.

On Win7 and newer windows version you may have certain permission problems, so just consider where Notepad++ has stored its configuration files and add the highlighter in that folder.

For kate you should read the PDF, that would be good enough to solve the installation matter.
For my experience I didn't tried to set up kate on Windows. So I can't share much by that OS.

EDIT
I made an update for the highlighters.See the following new attachment, named Highlighters2022.7z.

I update the editors keywords as of the version 4.0.2.5-1.1.0.9 .

There are 2 files, each name will tell which program is for. For the Notepad++ I regret that its works for dark themes, which has a black background. I don't know, yet, how to make the background independent from the page background.

There's also the chance to make running the compiler just by creating a hot-key for Kate, which I know better. The errors are not appearing, for Windows, but for Linux I made a little script that i will keep the command line open whenever an error occurs. I hope some volunteer will make a little script in batch DOS to have same option.

So for the option to run the compiler within the Kate editor it should take a little while to get on its menu and select:
Tools >> External Tools >> Configure >>
At that point one window will present the options to add a new command. So just set a name then will take to select the executable, just use the browser to get to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\PDS\" and choose Loader.exe.
Last setting is to give the file that should be compiled, that is the Arguments field:
Just add "%{Document:Path} %{Document:FileName}"

Later on, the compilation should be available on the menu, just click on the given name to see the compilation start. But to get this working just by a key press need to set a hot-key, choose from the menu:
Setting >> Configure a shortcut or just press CTRL+ALT+,
At that point there will be a window that present the shortcuts already in use or one to be set.
So all the menu items are listed in there. To the right hand side there's a button (pretty hidden) that will allow to choose one hot-key. Just press to make a custom key.

EDIT2
A small fix for the IF/THEN single line command.

If any doubt arise, don't hesitate to inform me.
Ignorance comes with a cost