News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Notifications of own posts

Started by JohnB, Mar 29, 2021, 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

I seem to be getting notifications of my own posts which don't really need to know about being the originator.  Can this be changed?
@OG and John Drew, thanks for moving the topics around, that makes rather more sense now.
JohnB

John Drew

OK, one problem I've noticed that people can use the WIKI as they would the forum. That's going to clutter the WIKI which in my book is not a good thing. The WIKI should be articles. That's just me.
I'll explore the menus
John

OG

Quote from: JohnB on Mar 29, 2021, 09:32 AMI seem to be getting notifications of my own posts which don't really need to know about being the originator.  Can this be changed?

If I understand correctly your question , can you browse the link below?
https://protoncompiler.com/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=26

OG

Quote from: John Drew on Mar 29, 2021, 09:40 AMOK, one problem I've noticed that people can use the WIKI as they would the forum. That's going to clutter the WIKI which in my book is not a good thing. The WIKI should be articles. That's just me.
I'll explore the menus
John
Each category can be arranged separately, open to administrators and closed to others.

JohnB

@OG, when I make a post, it seems that I am alerted by email.  I only want to see posts others have made to that.
I can't see how I can do that from my notifications setting.
JohnB

John Drew

Quote from: OG on Mar 29, 2021, 10:09 AMEach category can be arranged separately, open to administrators and closed to others.
Ideally a person should be able to create an article in the wiki and be the only person to change it (apart from moderators). That way it stays as an article without the clutter. Is that possible?
John

OG

Quote from: John Drew on Mar 29, 2021, 11:08 AMIdeally a person should be able to create an article in the wiki and be the only person to change it (apart from moderators). That way it stays as an article without the clutter. Is that possible?
John

I think we'll need to do each (categories and subcategories) of them "Enable Post Moderation".

OG

I have not succeeded. Blocked all posts.