News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

On_Interrupt

Started by gpauk, Jul 21, 2021, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpauk

Hi...

Looks like the On_Interrupt goto...  directive isn't in the manual but still works?

It's listed as a reserved word still though?

top204

The On_Interrupt directive has been replaced, officially, with the On_Hardware_Interrupt directive to make it more clear to the user what it does.

The original 'On_Interrupt' directive has been left in place for backward compatability.

It remains in the compiler and not listed in the manual, so that over time, it can also be removed from the compiler because users will use the current official directive or command. This has been done quite a few times over the years with the 8-bit compiler.

It seems I cannot win with backward compatability. :-) If I leave something in the compiler so older programs still run, but do not place it in the current manual text because it is no longer official, people still point it out as if it is an error!

gpauk

Great, thanks - well, I didn't think it was an error - but wondered if it was likely to fade away - and the answer is yes, so I'll phase it out too!!

- and from my experience back compatibility is a really hard rock to shake off! :)