News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Artificial common sense

Started by RGV250, Sep 11, 2024, 11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGV250

I saw Les's post here https://protoncompiler.com/index.php/topic,2311.msg17787/topicseen.html#msg17787 (Nr 21)
and it made me think. I have worked in a few places and known some supposedly very intelligent people and none of them had an ounce of common sense which seems to be the same with Artificial intelligence. So until they actually create artificial common sense to go with it AI will in my opinion be a load of useless unreliable junk.

Bob

top204

Very profound and true words Bob.

Fanie

Don't worry about AI, it's no match for natural stupidity.

top204

The problem is that AI will learn from human experiences and stupidity, and class it as 'normal behaviour', just as this generation of humans is doing. "Very, very frightening".

That's some of the words of the brilliant Queen song. Then just after them... Mamma mia, mamma mia, mamma mia let him go. Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for meeeeeeeeee.......

Name that tune?

Ahhhhhh.... Bring back the 1970s when I was a young-un, and enjoyed life with my Dad and Mum and family, and 'girlfriends'. ;-)

John Drew

Interesting discussion. Made me think about "common sense". Like most of us whenever there's a discussion I toss in a bit of "common sense", trouble is it's sometimes different from my mate's :-)

At this point AI is like having a junior assistant who does some research and saves some time.I reckon it's up to us to learn how to use our junior assistant's work.

By the way, I don't want it to write my code. I enjoy doing it myself.
John