News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Microsh1t are at it again!

Started by See_Mos, Sep 16, 2024, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

See_Mos

Now Microsh1t are blackmailing me!

Remember a few months ago that I had problems and disabled microsh1t one drive?

Well it seems they reactivated it without my knowing and now they are threatening to delete everything unless I subscribe because they say that I have gone over my free limit.

To add to my woes Active Disk Image is denying access to my backups, which I keep on my networked hard drive, because they were created on my old computers which were registered to "Me" and my newer W11 is registered to "Trevor".

Stephen Moss

This is just a guess but I presume they reactivated it so that if you did not want to pay you could remove some files and come back down under their free storage limit, which presumably they are lowering again and thus why they are now asking you to subscribe.
If memory serves this is not the first time Microsoft have dropped the free storage space size, presumably because they would then have to purchase more storage space as more people use their free OneDrive storage space.

I tend not to use it unless I have to and then only for work storage as the first incarnation (SkyDrive was it?) stopped syncing so I would update files on my PC but they were not being updated on OneDrive, so that when something went wrong and PC files were trashed the version recovered from OneDrive was so out of date as to be useless.