News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Compiler Help ?

Started by Craig, Aug 08, 2024, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig

I had a problem with my Hard drive on my windows 7 Machine and had to replace it with a SSD and reload Windows 7 from scratch and do all the updates available etc. The issue I am having is if I reload Positron on the new drive then the IDE Opens perfectly but, if I Compile a program then it does Nothing. I have tried setting the Compiler with administrator rights and then opening the IDE then it starts compiling but, when it gets to the Include files it gives an error. The include files are all in the right place, the strange thing is that some of the includes(.inc)are being shown in the Tree of the program but, not others and they are all correct and in the same file?
The Compiler is installed in C:\Program Files(x86)\ProtonIDE.

I have tried uninstalling the compiler numerous times but, the problem still persists.

I am not sure if it is an SSL Certificate in windows which has not update or what is causing the problem?
Any suggestions and help is very much appreciated!
Regards
Craig

kcsl

Have you tried running in XP compatibility mode and with the Administrator privilege level set ?
Right-click on the application icon, select compatibility, and see if you can set compatibility to XP (not always available) and set the "Run the program as administrator".

Joe
There's no room for optimism in software or hardware engineering.

John Lawton

Which version of the compiler is this?

Are you using an anti-virus program?

Please check the .exe files in C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\PDS to see they are all there.

Craig

Hi Joe and John thanks for your input, I have set it as Windows XP and also tried it as Windows 7 and as an "Administrator" so that is now correct. The attached image looks the same as yours John so that is all correct.
I moved the Includes folder over to it's original folder and it is now compiling.
Thanks for all the help regards Craig