PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Rubbish Post

Started by Dolci, Feb 12, 2024, 07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolci

Do we have moderator? It seems there rubbish post all around ;D

trastikata

I think it is because the forum allows new registrations and logins without any CAPTCHA.  Maybe gevv can help installing some anti-spam plugins.

John Drew

I'll get to it in the morning.
John

top204

We do seem to be having a lot more spam posts from arseholes.

Why cannot people be decent? Why are there so many arseholes on the planet?

I still hold to my theory that the human species was evolved from the "most evil" of the apes around at the time. :-(

charliecoutas

I think you are right Les, survival of the most brutal. I thought for a minute that ChatGPT had become a member.

Charlie

david

This picture may answer your question Les.   It appears the lid came off the container....

Stephen Moss

Quote from: top204 on Feb 12, 2024, 10:34 AMWe do seem to be having a lot more spam posts from arseholes. It has gotten so I cannot keep up with them, so I do not actually know what to do next!
Unfortunately I believe that a lot of these fake accounts are created by software and so...
  • Once it find some where is can seemingly access easily I think it makes a note an keeps targeting it with new accounts.
  • As fast as you can delete one fake account it can create 10 more

Certainly using some sort of capture thing during the registration process as trastikata suggested could help prevent the fake accounts being created, and maybe look to see if there is a anti-spam extension that can be added.

As I recall making all new users first posts go through moderation which if not already implemented could at least slow down the amount of spam hitting the forum, the downside is that it creates more work for the moderators. but at least you can leave clear spam unapproved which should help prevent it and presumably other spam from the same user becoming visible to forum members.

gevv

Cracked  security question :)

Member registration page,
QuoteVerification: Type P-R-O-T-O-N without dash:

Do you have a more interesting question suggestion? for example a specific question for proton users  ANSELB FOSCSEL TRISA :)  or something else...

Frizie

Good idea Gevv  :D

But it should not be too difficult because there are also new beginners.
So you could ask which instruction you use to set the port direction of port A or something like that.
And indeed, if fake accounts are created by software, I think the question P-O-S-I-T-R-O-N without dashes will go a long way.
Although AI is also becoming smarter and there is a chance that it even understands this.
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

SeanG_65

I replied with them (via the forum) and I didn't mince my words