News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

"ProtonCompilers.com" no longer a valid URL for the forum

Started by top204, May 28, 2022, 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

I had a shock this morning when I clicked on the browser's bookmark to the forum and it came up as "Site Suspended" and I was just about to send an email to the domain company and ask "why" when I remembered, the forum is "ProtonCompiler.com", and the "ProtonCompilers.com" was what our dear friend "OG" set up for us, but his son has abandoned. :-(

So remember to update your bookmark for the forum as "ProtonCompiler.com".

I'll post a reminder on the facebook site as well, in case they do what I did and panic for a while. LOL

trastikata

I am not sure what is the problem with www.protoncompilers.com - the database says it will expire on 2023-01-30 - thus all that was required is to redirect it to the current site.

When it expires in 2023-01-30, we would have simply registered it and redirected it again, thus nothing would have been noticed by the user. 

John Drew

G'day Les,
protoncompilers.com still works here.
Cheers
John

PS Wouldn't have thought you'd have to redirect - just pay for the URL next year.

John Lawton

Firefox gives me this message:

protoncompilers.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT

trastikata

Because the domain "www.protoncompilers.com" has been redirected to the new domain "www.protoncompiler.com", click on "Advanced" at the bottom and "Accept the risk", it won't ask you again.