%100000
%0100000
$1234
"12345"
(*
Comment
*)
' Comment

The characters that were giving 403 problems are now corrected by the Host and by gevv. Many thaks gevv.

gevv

only 1 code is problematic;  https://controlc.com/cf4e0de9

top204

Thanks Gevv

I've sent them an email on the problem before I close the PIN for it. It is the % with more than one "0" following it that causes the issue now. i.e. "percent char" 00 or "percent char" 001 etc...

I'll also get into the compiler's code and allow the "0b" to designate a binary value and ask JohnB to add this to his lovely IDE. "When something is causing problems that cannot reliably be corrected, work around it." :-)

JohnB

is 0b a replacement or addition to % as a binary indicator.
JohnB

top204

It will be "as well as", just like the "0x" for Hex values that the compiler supports.

Many thanks John. :-)

I've just looked, and I forgot I had already added it many years ago. :-) I'll have to check it out in full, to make sure it works as it should and does not see it as a hex value without a preceding "$" sometimes. Watch this space. LOL

So... A binary value can be 0b10101010 or "percentage character" 10101010. And a hex value can be $0F or 0x0F. This gives a familiarity to people who also have a knowledge of C code.

If you could add them to the Positron IDE I would be very grateful, I will then add them to the compiler documents.

JohnB

Adding 0b as a binary symbol is proving not to be as simple as first thought.
JohnB

JohnB

I have cracked it but it has meant hacking deep into TMS ADVMemo.paint routine.
I am going to submit the change to TMS and ask them to incorporate it into the official release as I don't fancy having to do a big edit every time TMS update the program.
JohnB

diebobo

Test Test, 403 when trying to post a topic on my own. Testing if i can reply in topic