News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Whatever happened to the Positron Development board?

Started by JohnB, May 03, 2022, 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

Seems development boards for PICs are few and far between.  The only reasonable one I have been able to find is the Firewing from David Barker and it sticks in my gullet to buy from him.  What are the alternatives?  Ideally and Arduino sized board or smaller with access to all the I/O.

I have finally found time to start working on PICs again instead of developing Positron Studio and I am looking forward to using for real rather than for test purposes.
JohnB

top204

Email me your address John, and I will send you an Amicus18 board. It will be my privaledge to send you an Amicus board.

You can put any 28-pin, 8-bit PIC microcontroller on it, and alter it to work with 3.3 Volts or 5 Volts.

Once we move back home and I set up my workshop/office, I will start developing boards again, if I can find components at a reasonably cost.

JonW

Email me too John and i will send you a few of the ones I have with 27k42 with Les Bootloader.  If you want some Les PM me yours too

Jon

JohnB

Thanks for the offer gentlemen, I have sent you my address details.
I was hoping to be using a 16 bit mpu as I prefer the architecture but for the project I'm starting an 8 bit device will sufficient as much of the UI is implemented on a HMI card.  I'm using one of the Itead basic screens. They have a horrible editor program and emulator but with perseverance I am getting there.

JohnB

JonW

Hi John

I didn't see a message.  Email it to me at*************

got it john cheers.  will get in the post

Cheers

J

Sommi

Hi John

I found these boards quite handy, all supported by Positron:

DM240004 PIC24FJ128GA204
DM240016 PIC24FJ256GA7
DM182029 PIC18F47Q10
DM164150 PIC18F57
DM330030 dsPIC33CK256MP508

They are all available at Mouser and on stock(!). and all come with a programmer on board (similar to PicKit) and can be programmed with MPLABx IPE.

Have fon coding!

Hans

And
KISS - keep it simple and stupid