Forum's future is at risk

Started by top204, Apr 22, 2022, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shantanu@india

GDSantis.. a small typo.. Les not Lester ;D
Regards
Shantanu

Oskar-svr

Hello friend, I reiterate my financial support so that you can continue with your project and that you continue to support us with your incredible software, I also want to thank you for all the time you dedicate to it, it has really given me great satisfaction to have this programming tool
I started with the first pic basic program, then in proton and finally in positron, in my country and taught courses with this software, I receive very good comments on how easy it is to start a program for pics,
I have had debates about the software and they question me which is better "c", they have criticized me that basic is not a good language and I have always defended it, positron is all over the world there are many forums that talk about it and it only remains for me to say that your dream continues to be your life project thanks for everything friend congratulations and for me it is an excellent positron program :)

Frizie

Great reply Oskar.
But do you want to leave the caps lock off next time?
Everything in capital letters is hard to read  :o
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

Oskar-svr

Ready an apology, because when I program I do it with capital letters it is a very bad habit greetings   Frisio

Oskar-svr

Less I just bought some positron licenses on ebay it's my contribution
Order number: 07-08551-16915
Greetings, Less we are with you

Craig

Thank you Les for all your years of dedication and hard work, I and many forum users are very appreciative of the incredible sacrifice and enormous effort you make to ensure such a Truly Great World Class Product. I will be more than happy to contribute to the forum continuation. I think an ARM Compiler will be the best move you have ever made as this will also remove the total reliance Off Microchip and open many other doors, especially with the parts shortages which can get even worse.

Best Regards

Craig

pjdenyer

As with previous posts, I would be happy to contribute to the up keep of the website as I find it invaluable.

Regards

Frizie

I also have no problem to pay a yearly fee for the forum  :D

About ARM, which I have never delved into:
Do they also make 6-, 8-, 14- and 20-pin devices?
If not, don't just drop the PICs, even though Microchip is quite annoying.
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

John Lawton

Quote from: pjdenyer on Apr 25, 2022, 03:03 PMAs with previous posts, I would be happy to contribute to the up keep of the website as I find it invaluable.

Regards
Agreed. How about this suggestion, there should be an annual compiler upgrade/maintenance fee rolled in with the user forum website fee, so only one annual payment would then be required? A downside of this idea might be that those who don't pay the maintenance fee would still get free forum use, although support for old compiler versions already isn't guaranteed.

Yves

In my humble opinion The excellent software as Positron need intensive advertising. When you google "Positron" you will find link like "Positron Annihilation" in nuclear physic but nothing about the compiler. The software is so natural to use compare to other language like C and I'm sure a lot of people will love it but if it is not seen in wwww net no-one will know it exist. For example a company called Dizzy Enterprising (new.dizzy.co.za) still sale the old Proton Compiler and don't seem aware about the newer Positron. There is no point having a fantastic product that no-one knows about.
That is my 5 cents advice.

Yves
Yves

top204

I wish I could afford advertising Yves, but it is well out of my affordability.

That is why the compilers have made very little money for me, because Cro#n@i#l never advertised them so they were never well know, but they still took 50% of the few sales that did happen for doing NOTHING!!!! They never had a dedicated web site and their forum site was utterly dreadful, with no thought put into presentation etc...

keytapper

If I had a web site I would advertise this masterpiece.
I could suggest some of my contacts to buy the compiler. Sorry but I got only two.
Ignorance comes with a cost

John Drew

One solution for advertising is for all of us with websites to provide links to the forum and to Les's website. This will help the search engines. I've already done this and written something. However it's time I freshened it up. I don't know the new website's URL. Could you please advise Les?
John

Oskar-svr

John Drew It is a very good idea on my website, I already put a link to the site
http://www.system-vr.com
http://www.system-vr.com/cursos.html

RGV250

Hi John,
QuoteThis will help the search engines.
I am not sure how correct this is, I was talking to someone who has a business and a lot of how well you do with search engines is what you pay google to put you up the list. Might not be true but would explain why I get a lot of garbage first which has nothing to do with what I am searching for.

Bob

John Drew

Hi Bob, you're right. Payment gets priority. However when a web spider crawls a site it follows any links on the site as well as analysing the content of the sites.
As a result it discovers new sites.
So not as good as paying but it does help. The more people that list a site and click on the links raises the profile.
Best wishes
John

Ivano

Good evening,
I have joined this forum for more than 2 months and I find it fantastic,
I would be sorry if it all ended.
I started with the Commodore 64 then with picbasic pro and subsequently with positron compiler version limited to a few pic,
now i have purchased positron compiler and i am very happy with it.
I also tried arduino but positron I find it better.
Forum support is also very important
If you decide to pay an annual fee to support the forum and the positron compiler, I am in favor.
Sorry Google's English translated.
Greetings
Ivano

top204

I have purchased a host for the next 3 years and gevv, bless him, has moved over the forum to it. I cannot thank him enough.

So the forum is back and safe and the compilers will continue. :-)

John Drew

Great news Les,
I'll send some money to help with the cost. Others might like to as well.
Cheers
John

RGV250

Hi John,
QuoteI'll send some money to help with the cost.
How do you do this.

Bob