News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

I CANNOT DETECT THE PIC18F45k22

Started by Oskar-svr, Feb 23, 2022, 03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oskar-svr

Hello friends, a question? It is the first time that I handle a PIC18F45k22 and I am using the BURNS and PICKIT2 programmers, but I have a problem that it does not detect this microcontroller, before I have used the PIC18F4520 and the aforementioned programmers detect it without any problem. Could someone tell me with which programmer I can detect this chip, thank you very much for your help, greetings
NOTE: I use ISCP interface

keytapper

Ignorance comes with a cost

Craig

thanks Atomix Just downloaded the Pickit2Minus and seems to work very well and Quickly

top204

I tried out the free PICkit2Minus software and it worked well.

Microchip released the PICkitX software source codes many years ago, and I remember altering the GUI version to give it a command line input as well, before the command line 'DOS' version was created by them. Their first iterations of the software were written in Borland C++, then they changed it to the dreadful C#.

I think they also released the firmware source inside the devices, so altering them to become a "good" programmer would be very straightforward. I was, once upon a time, going to use the inexpensive PICkit hardware and develop a programmer that would be good to use by a developer or commercial enterprise, but time got away with me, and Microchip keeps bringing out device after device, for very little practical reason, so the logistics of keeping it constantly up to date was not feasible on my own.

midali

PK2deviceFile.ini  from PK folder haven't editet the PIC type , so you can verify  simple with any editor if you see 18F45k22 inside. You can edit manually using the "PK2 device file editor" from here and will work :

https://sites.google.com/site/pk2devicefileeditor/

PK Plus (Minus) have a trouble with sounds . I'm don't like to work with it. Each time when programm something PIC, I hear the double sound ( like a  error) .
I would have uploaded my ini file to the forum but I don't know how I can do that .

atomix

Sound may be disabled.

Oskar-svr

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION, RECEIVE A BIG HUG AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE A UNITED GROUP :)

midali

Quote from: atomix on Feb 24, 2022, 06:44 AMSound may be disabled.

Yes, the sound can be disable, but I personally like to hear when the writing is over .

joesaliba

As per the screenshot in post #6 you can change the sound to whatever you like.

Joe