News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Pickit2 Plus firmware hex

Started by TimB, Feb 11, 2022, 12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

Hi,

My pickit2 using the pickit2 plus software came up with an error message saying that there was no firmware, so followed instructions to instal it. The app opened a folder with hex files in it. 3 files on offer so went for latest and installed.

That bricked the unit!!

Luckily I have a pickit3 so using that now. But as I have the pickit3 I can reload the bootloader and then hopefully the actual software.

The issue is that I am not sure where to find the bootloader for the device? Any ideas?

Cheers

Tim

trastikata

TimB, I remember being in similar situation with my Pickit3 and the bootloader in it wasn't actually messed up and MPLAB X IPE was able to automatically download the firmware from MC and re-flash - maybe worth trying?

tumbleweed

The hex file PK2V023200.hex contains the PK2 bootloader and application code (v2.32)
I'm pretty sure that's included with PK2+ software.

flosigud

I believe the bootloader for PickitPlus is different from original Microchip. If you brick your Pickit you just open it and use another programmer  to reprogram it. It would be best to ask the author. We used to have a special section for PikitPlus on the old forum

Gods

Do you push the button on the Pickit2 to activate the bootloader mode and reflash ?

TimB

It seems Even has made a video about the issue that started it. Shame I did not see it before

TimB

Well an update

I held the button on the pickit2 down on powering up. It then enumerated. I then followed the instructions in the video and Ta Da!! Pickit2 back working again...