;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Backup does not seem to be working

Started by TimB, Jan 22, 2022, 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimB

It seems backup is not working. Found out the hard way

JohnB

I assume you had it enabled?  Tools Options, General, Save Recovery Info Every N minutes.
It's working for me.  If you have it enabled you should find it listed  in  the archived tab.  It won't necessarily be the last archived number because if the numbers are not sequential it will find the first available slot.
JohnB

TimB

I did look in the setting and it looked like it was enabled. The wording was ambiguous to me. I enabled "Always backup after error free compile" It did then produce the Archive folder. So it was my error, Sorry

However it now errors

Error.png

TimB

After a program reset the issue seems to have cleared

JohnB

what did you actually do when you got he access violation?  was it clicking on Archive Tab. Clicking on a specific archive?, clicking on one of the files within the archive.  An AV on its own tells me nothing.
JohnB

TimB

I enabled the setting, compiled and after the compile I got the message.

JohnB

Ok, I'll take a  look at it tomorrow.
JohnB

TimB

In case it's of use, this the error I got following shutting down after getting the same error reported above

Error2.png

TimB

Having issues still with files.

Deleted a post

JohnB

The Memory Leak is down to the earlier error.  An Access Violation normally occurs when the program is trying to access an area of memory that has been previously released or never allocated.  This will frequently cause a memory leak.

I haven't managed to repeat the situation you found yourself in yet, so am looking through my code to see if I can make it better protected.
JohnB

TimB

Can I add here another issue

I get a situations were I have some text in my cut/paste buffer

I then want to call a proc so write "Myproc" but as soon as I add the "(" it pastes the contents of my cut/paste buffer You have to delete it, put in a space then delete that and add the "(" etc

JohnB

Sounds like code completion is getting in the way, suggest you disable Code Completion Tools, Options, General and I will sort out the issue for the next update.

JohnB

JohnB

I cannot repeat the MyProc issue here.  Can you send me some example code where so I can look into it.
JohnB