News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Print not working

Started by See_Mos, Jan 13, 2022, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

See_Mos

Hi John,

I just tried printing some code but on clicking the 'Print' button on the pop-up window nothing happened, it just disappeared into the ether?

I loaded the file into the old IDE and the code printed OK.

Using W7 and version 2.02.14 and USB printer.

Regards

JohnB

As a result of moving to a new version of Delphi I have found that the print preview control has stopped working.
As few people use printing it has not been my priority to sort out.  I will try and fix it for the next release.
JohnB

See_Mos

OK John,

On the rare occasions that I need a print I can revert to the original IDE

keytapper

Nowadays printing would go paperless,but it would be useful to share with friend in a pdf format.
Ignorance comes with a cost

John Drew

Quote from: keytapper on Jan 21, 2022, 05:38 AMNowadays printing would go paperless,but it would be useful to share with friend in a pdf format.
I've got more paper around since using computers than I ever did before.
If I want to find a bug in my code printing it out is best. In the old days with fanfold paper I'd spread it out on the lounge room floor and crawl up and down with pencil in hand. Nowadays that doesn't work as it's too hard to get up from the floor :)
John

RGV250

Quoteas it's too hard to get up from the floor
Know how that feels:-)

I would think the older ones amongst us prefer printing to paper and the younger ones will wish they had when they start to need glasses due to staring at a screen for longer.

Bob

John Lawton

Quote from: John Drew on Jan 22, 2022, 06:19 AMI've got more paper around since using computers than I ever did before.
If I want to find a bug in my code printing it out is best. In the old days with fanfold paper I'd spread it out on the lounge room floor and crawl up and down with pencil in hand. Nowadays that doesn't work as it's too hard to get up from the floor :)
John
Ah yes, tractor feed and fanfold paper. I used your debugging technique not so long ago by printing out on A4 sheets and taping them together. Then I got a higher resolution monitor which shows more text on screen at a time.