News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

VSCode Positron

Started by atomix, Nov 27, 2021, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yasin

I tried the CTRL and SHIFT keys. Maybe a problem with the keyboard.

Add:
I tried connecting a new keyboard. Didn't work with it either.

My computer is Win10 Turkish. Probably a regional setting issue. I'll do some research.

atomix

Show a full screenshot of the VSCode window, and the folder structure where these files are located.

You can also see what is displayed in the VSCode debugging window (Help -> Toggle Developer Tools -> Tab = "Console"

Or send me that complete design.

Yasin

I detected the problem. I had added other files after the variables in the main program file. This is incorrect. Moving these files up fixed it. If you still want to review, please give your e-mail address. I will send you all the files.

Thanks a lot @atomix

TimB

Just a question while I'm here as I have not searched elsewhere on line

It seems you cannot use Tab to indent
eg
Place a cursor at the start of the line. Hit Tab and .... Nothing the cursor disappears

You end up having to write text then go back to the beginning of it then hit tab to indent it. or loads of spaces

Is there a setting to enable you to place your cursor and be able to use tab or even have the text your pasting start at that point and not have all kinds if indents positive or negative added

TimB

To answer my own question

There is a mode I placed it in pressing Ctrl+M fixed it

atomix

New Release 1.9.0

- Fixed the error of highlighting the main blocks.
- Some changes in the settings.

Many thanks to @Yasin.

atomix

New Release 1.9.1

- Added highlighting of the label before the keyword "EData".
- Fixed an error when showing Hover block.

Oskar-svr

Hello Atomix, there is a problem with Visual Code, the compilation option is not there, is it an error or something new needs to be modified, what can I do? Thank you

Oskar-svr

I already found the problem, I don't know why the show compile in context menu options were disabled, do you have any comments anyway thanks

atomix

I changed the default settings (to reduce the size of the context menu), because there are duplicate icons in the top right window bar for compilation.

Oskar-svr

diebobo

Hi Atomix,

Is the VSC new / experimental function sticky scrolling something that can get working somewhere in the future with your extension you think ?

atomix

I'll try to do that for you.

But this function will only work if the "Outline" panel procedures should not be in the Procedures group, but directly in the root. To do this, it will be necessary to set the value of "pos.outline.showInRoot" = "Procedures".

atomix

New Release 1.9.2

- Added new setting of the editor ("Sticky Scroll") and added support for this option.

Starting from VSCode IDE v1.71 it no longer supports Windows 7.

You can stay on version 1.70 - https://update.code.visualstudio.com/1.70.2/win32-x64/stable

John Lawton

Quote from: atomix on Sep 02, 2022, 08:28 AMStarting from VSCode IDE v1.71 it no longer supports Windows 7.    :'(

Oh dear, that rules me out then :(

atomix

You can stay on the version 1.70 - https://update.code.visualstudio.com/1.70.2/win32-x64/stable
Or if your computer isn't too old, install Windows 10 and buy a key for just £2 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004524869753.html

John Lawton

Ah, but I'm happy with Win 7 and don't want to downgrade to W10/W11 - yes I know I'm on borrowed time :)

atomix

Added an animation showing how to set up "Sticky Scroll" (only works in VSCode IDE 1.71 and above).   (See post #173.)

diebobo

This is so cool. Thanks a lot Atomic.

atomix

New Release 1.9.4

- Changed extension settings ("pos.show.SaveIconsInTitleMenu", "pos.show.ViewInContextMenu", "pos.show.CompileInContextMenu").
- Added links in elements ("Positron Samples", "Positron About").
- Various minor fixes.