News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

VSCode Positron

Started by atomix, Nov 27, 2021, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yasin

I noticed something new. There is no color change in some declaration.

Add: There were no declarations in the "Keywords.txt" file. I added it myself. Nothing changed. The same is true for Positron studio.

atomix

I didn't understand what "Keywords.txt" file you are talking about.

I'm creating a "database.json" file from a "database.mcd" file and it doesn't have these keywords.

It would be nice if Les updated this file for new declarations.

Or you can put here the words that you know and I will add them in the next release.

top204

I, simply, forgot to add the texts to the IDE's syntax file about 18 years ago. :-)

Those declares were never actually required in the compiler, so they were never used. They are still valid, but not required. :-)

The IDE that comes with the compiler automatically highlights texts after a Declare directive, so it is impossible to see if it is valid or not, or missing from the syntax highlighting file or not.

atomix

New Release 1.8.2

- Updated file "database.json".

atomix

New Release 1.8.4

- Improved display of the "Tools" page.

atomix

New Release 1.8.5

- Added new setting of the editor ("Vertical Rulers").
- Improved work and added new operators in PreprocessorJS.

P.S. Example for PreprocessorJS see in the folder "c:\Users\NameUser\.vscode\extensions\atomix.positron-1.8.5\files\example\PreprocessorJS.zip"

atomix

To change tab highlighting, add to the file "settings.json" (shortcut -> CTRL + SHIFT + P)

"workbench.colorCustomizations": {
        "tab.activeBackground": "#5898ff33"
    },

diebobo

Thanks for all your work. It works perfectly.

atomix

New Release 1.8.6

- Added new setting of the editor ("Line Numbers", "Scroll LastLine", "Select Suggestions").
- Small improvements.

top204

Excellent work atomix, and many thanks.

Is it possible for the assembler listing window to also use the syntax highlighting that is in the current IDE's assembler "database.mcd" file please? Available from here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\Plugin\Assembler\database.mcd\".

A lot of people view the assembler code created by the compiler because it is so organised and readable, and the highlighting of the various mnemonics and directive and mnemonic parameters will make it even more readable.

To see what I mean, open the assembler window after a successful compilation in ProtonIDE.

atomix

Now, in the editor, the highlighting works for files *.asm и *.lst

Or should I do it differently, explain in more detail?

top204

That looks excellent Atomix, and again, many thanks.

The assembler window in the IDE has a seperate "database.mcd" file within its folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\Plugin\Assembler\database.mcd\"), so that it caters for all the refinements in an assembler listing for both 8-bit and 16-bit devices. The assembler window's ".mcd" file is different to the IDE's ".mcd" file because of the refinements, and the IDE's ".mcd" file just has the general items that the compiler uses in the main IDE for assembler mnemonics etc.

atomix

It is possible that the "PlatformIO IDE" extension intercepts the *.asm and *.inc files, so delete this extension or assign an association to these files with the "Positron" extension.

atomix

You can show a screenshot of the window with the *.asm file in the VSCode editor?

atomix

New Release 1.8.7

- The work with the highlighting database file ("database.json") has been changed, now it is two files:
  "main.json" - to highlight files (*.bas, *.inc)
  "asm.json"  - to highlight files (*.asm, *.lst)

atomix

New Release 1.8.9

- Added the ability to call compilation and view assembler from included files.

Yasin

Hi @atomix. Link to attached files doesn't work in my IDE. Wonder what I might be doing wrong.

atomix

Explain more about the problem and better yet show the gif file with the animation.

Yasin

It happens this way. Link does not occur

atomix

Press and hold down the CTRL key to make the links work.

In my post above, in the animation below you can see the word "Ctrl" pop up.