News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

VSCode Positron

Started by atomix, Nov 27, 2021, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricardourio

Hello Atomix,

Now I using only VSCode IDE with your extension, great job! May you update changelog ?

Regards

Ricardo Urio

atomix

New Release 1.6.4

- Added way to jump to error or warning line directly from Output message.
- Some improvements.

Oskar-svr

Hello ATOMIX, you just have to reload the positron program, it is correct

Oskar-svr

This option is where the positro program is updated, is this correct???

atomix

When updating an extension, VSCode IDE itself will update it the next time the program starts, or you can update it ahead of time by clicking on this element.

Pepe

I have installed vscode with the positron extension on W8.1 and when I want to compile it gives the error pos.compiler not found or another command too.
What am I doing wrong?

atomix

Give more information about the errors.

1) screenshots of errors and version VSCode IDE
2) windows 32 or 64 bit
3) the path where the compiler is installed

top204

QuoteWhat am I doing wrong?

Using Windows 8. LOL.

A truly dreadful operating system, and a huge backward step from the, excellent, Windows XP and Windows 7 versions. Since Windows 7, the microsoft operating systems have gotten worse and worse, which is a dreadful thing to happen, when other operating systems have actually gotten better, except the CrApple cartoonish rubbish, which is a twisted version of Linux. LOL

The compiler's installer installs the files in "Program Files" on a 32-bit operating system, and "Program Files (x86)" on a 64-bit operating system, so the IDE will need to know where the files are. Is the VSCode IDE looking for the positions of the compilers on a 32-bit operating system Atomix, or just a 64-bit type?

This is the reason I placed all the files associated with the compiler in the same folder, because Microsoft keep changing their mind where files are placed in the Windows versions. So the compiler's IDE looks within its own folder for the compiler executables, regardless where it is on the OS. :-)

atomix

I didn't do a search because the user himself chooses where his version of the compiler is located.

atomix

New Release 1.6.7

- Fixed auto converting the path into Output message.
- Fixed work on 32-bit systems.

Thanks to Pepe

Pepe

Thanks Atomix now it works fine.

top204

Many thanks Atomix. :-)

I just wish I could get the font to look normal with the IDE. I even tried it in my virtual machine running Windows 11, and it still looked washed out and as if pixels are missing from the texts. :-(

Maybe the IDE's font code does not like my video driver? But I have noticed a lot of others are getting the same problem with the VSCode IDE, so hopefully it will be corrected by them. No other Windows IDE or program gives the same problem, but I did see it a few times when I ran Linux programs in a virtual Ubuntu operating system a few years ago, but that type of rubbish is Normal for Linux (NFL), so I ignored it. :-)

atomix

Here are some options for solving blurry fonts:

1) Comment 79 -> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=534732#c79
2) Increase font size to 16 px in VSCode.
3) Change font family to "Consolas" in VSCode.
4) Increase dpi to 125 % in Windows.
5) ClearType settings in Windows.

atomix

New Release 1.7.0

- Added highlighting macro definitions.
- Added editing the theme of "High Contrast Light".
- Small improvements.

P.S. You may need to reset the settings.

top204

Many thanks Atomix.

I altered some of the Window's settings as suggested, and changed the font to "Consolas", and changed the font size to 13 and it looks fine now. When I use it, I will need to get used to "Consolas" instead of "Courier New", which I have used for the past 25 years. :-)

Because I have programmed since the 1980s, I see the colours and flow of the code and its overall format first, before seeing the actual syntax. A creature of habit. LOL. How I put up with the original Sinclair ZX81 and ZX Spectrum code listing back in the early 1980s is a mystery to me now. They were all upper-case and dreadful to read and create, as where the Atari and Commodore BASICs. Even the assemblers that were available then for the various 8-bit and 16-bit machines I programmed for where dreadfully formatted. :-) I suppose it is "what you get used to".

top204

Is there any chance of putting "Save" and "Save As" and "Save All" icons on the top taskbar? This will make it so much easier to navigate when code is being written, instead of having always go to the File menu, or use the keyboard shortcuts.

The "Save All" will save all the files open on the IDE, so one of the inc files open will not be forgotten.

Again... Many thanks.

atomix

New Release 1.7.1

- Added icons for operations to save and save all.

atomix

New Release 1.7.4

- Added PreprocessorJS based on the JavaScript engine (see "PreprocessorJS" in menu "Help").
- Fixed way to jump to error or warning line directly from "Output" window.
- Added submenu "Help".
- Small improvements.

P.S. Example for PreprocessorJS see in the folder "c:\Users\NameUser\.vscode\extensions\atomix.positron-x.x.x\files\example\PreprocessorJS.zip"

Oskar-svr

Friend a question how likely it would be if you can add the configuration of the fuses in VC thanks for your contributions

top204

For config fuses on each device, look at the end of each .ppi file and they are listed there, as well as the default fuses that the compiler uses.

The config fuses are getting more complex with newer devices and there is no easy way of adding them to a program, so it is up to the user to look in the device's data sheet and see what each one does, and if it is to be enabled, disabled or set to a certain value. Even something that gives a list of the fuses for a user to add will cause problems if the fuse's meaning is not understood.

Or if an external crystal is being used and nothing is needed from the fuses for a particular program, do not place any fuses in the program and let the compiler's default fuses do their job.