News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Compiler ver. 3.7.5.5 stopped working.

Started by SebaG, Oct 27, 2021, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SebaG

Recently I wanted to compile a program and the compiler doesn't work. The compilation window does not pop up. I've never had a problem like this before. I have the dongle, but it doesn't change anything - the compiler doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea what could be the reason? Reinstalling Win7 is an unpleasant last resort for me. IDE version 2.0.3.3, loader ver. 1.0.2.9, compiler ver. 3.7.5.5. Please help.

atomix

Make a screenshot of the folder - c:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\PDS\Includes\

Stephen Moss

Could be a timing problem, I had a period where it would not compile and then everything was fine, I could only think that it was either that the PC was busy doing other things i.e. Windows update to service the call to the dongle or possible a flaky dongle as I think that was with the original large dongle and not the smaller replacement (case broke on original).

You could try writing a small test program for one of the Free devices and see if that compiles, if it does that you can probably assume the software is operating correctly and it may be a dongle issue, perhaps try removing and reinserting it, re-installing the driver or try a different USB port.

Frizie

Version V3.7.5.5 works still fine here  :) (registered version, thus without the dongle)
Also have Win7.
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

John Lawton

I suggest removing and re-installing PDS rather than Windows 7, (assuming it appears to be working okay).

SebaG

Quote from: atomix on Oct 28, 2021, 06:26 AMMake a screenshot of the folder - c:\Program Files (x86)\ProtonIDE\PDS\Includes\

https://zapodaj.net/b6de3b265fe65.jpg.html

SebaG

Quote from: John Lawton on Oct 28, 2021, 03:46 PMI suggest removing and re-installing PDS rather than Windows 7, (assuming it appears to be working okay).

I tried several times - it does not work.

SebaG

Compiler still works on other computers, but I care about this one, because it is a desktop computer, adapted to long-term work.  I have a lot of preconfigured programs here, so I guess you understand what reinstalling win7 means to me.

John Lawton

Quote from: SebaG on Oct 29, 2021, 07:18 PMI tried several times - it does not work.
Did you completely actually remove the PDS directory and it's contents, also did you remove all references to the compiler in the registry? This might help.

SebaG

Quote from: John Lawton on Oct 29, 2021, 08:53 PMDid you completely actually remove the PDS directory and it's contents, also did you remove all references to the compiler in the registry? This might help.

After removing dozens of registry entries (not all) and reinstalling PDS, everything works fine. Thank you!