News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

glcd

Started by Pepe, Sep 28, 2021, 03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepe

if I write Print At 49,0,"18F452+GLCD :)" then print good (visor1)

if I write Print At 50,0,"18F452+GLCD :)" then print bad  (visor)

John Drew

Probably not surprising. You've exceeded the glcd memory and funny things have happened. I had similar funnies if a 320×240 ILI9341 exceeded a "line" length.

Take out the last character and I'm sure it will print OK.
John

RGV250

Hi Pepe,
Try a smaller font to see what happens?

Bob

Pepe

In Version 3.2.5.5 of compiler worked well in pic 16f877
and now in pic 18f452 print bad in this line

RGV250

Have you tried it in the VSM, can you post a small compilable code example.

Just realised you are using the VSM, it does not give issues with 4.0.0.9, although 50 prints a lot higher. You will need to post an example.

Bob

top204

The PPrint mechanism is a third party piece of coding that i added to the compiler's syntax, back in about 2004, to make it a bit easier for the users. Its source code is in the compiler's Sources directory. It has since been dropped from the compiler and its manual, because it is third party and very old, and the code has not changed since it was introduced to the compiler.

For, well managed, multi-sized fonts on a graphic LCD, there is no better way than creating the library one's self. I know, over the years, other good users have also created graphic LCD libraries that have been shared on the forums, and most are really good.

Pepe

thid is the example

RGV250

Hi,
I think the font is the problem, it is 15 pixels high, the display is 64 pixels high. 49 + 15 = 64 so the font fits, 50 + 15 = 65 which puts part of the font off the screen which probably messes it up.

' FONT information for  Arial Black  - Font Size 15 (Point Size 12) Bold
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
'
'
' Pointers to the actual font table
'
ArialK____12:-

CData     Word 15 ' Font is 15 High

The same happens if you change the font to Arial__8 and print at pos 56.

Only way around it is to either move all the prints up by 1 pixel or strip some of the space out of the font.

Bob

Pepe

Thanks for your answer, I know that on line 49 it prints it well, but the strange thing is that the same source that had compiled in 16f877 printed well on line 50