News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Custom preprocessor.

Started by atomix, Sep 27, 2021, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

I know it is a fascinating program, but I cannot condone a compiler application file being replaced Atomix! i.e. The "Preprocessor.exe" file.

When things do not go quite as they should with a program, some users will give the blame to the compiler and not a third party application that has, secretly, replaced a compiler application file, and this is very bad advertising. For this program to be used with the compilers it needs to be run as a Plugin to the IDE and the scripting engine ran first, then the .bas file it creates passed to the compiler as normal. Then a user knows that this is "not" the compiler doing the pre-processing work.

Also, the compilers rely on the preprocessor operating as it is, and failures will be inevitable if it is replaced or renamed etc... At random points in a future date/time, the compiler protection will also kick in and deny access to the compiler programs because of changes in its files. Future installers and updates etc, will make sure the compiler application files are protected, so no replacements can be made by third party applications. Window's is supposed to do this as standard in the "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folders, and so is the installer I used, unless a verified installer database key value is correct that is used by the original installer, so I will investigate further why they have both failed to protect the files.

Sorry, but it is a big "NO" for your current preprocessor scripting app you have kindly created.

atomix

I understand everything, but this is the only way out for me to add the opportunity to the compiler that I need.

Positron Studio has no support for plugins.

In Proton IDE it is difficult to implement because I modify not only the BAS file, but also all the files included in it using the "Include" method, and this is very difficult to implement in the form of a plug-in.

The capabilities that I described (Parse_Types, Parse_LongName, Parse_Version and writing the code in another language), you still do not intend to the compiler, but they really need me.

CPR

I thought Les was now working with you as an official Beta tester Atomix?

top204

I'll see if I can add a call to the scripter from the preprocessor.exe file, if it is present in the folder. However, your scriptor must have a window appear to tell the users what is happening and that the scriptor is a third party application with contact details for yourself. Once the scriptor has done what it needs, the compiler preprocessor will do its job. Or do you want it the other way? Compiler preprocessor does its tasks then calls the scriptor? Either way it will be a .bin file that is passed because that is what the preprocessor uses from the compiler's loader application, with file and line information within it.

atomix

Quote from: top204 on Oct 05, 2021, 12:44 PMOnce the scriptor has done what it needs, the compiler preprocessor will do its job.

Yes this is what i need.

If the PreProcessor_Custom.exe file is found in the folder, then run it before running the PreProcessor.exe file

atomix

New release with requirements as specified by Les.
See first post.

top204

I downloaded the setup on the first post and it is still over-writing the original "Preprocessor.exe" file and creating the newly named preprocessor file.

Please change this.

I had a few programs fail when compiling, before I realised it was doing the same as before. This is the last thing I want the users to see happening for no, apparent, reason!!

atomix

I fixed everything now.

But there is a delay in your preprocessor.exe file, after my script has worked and closed, your program is waiting for 5 seconds and loads the cpu full and only then continues compilation.

atomix

atomix

Now everything corrected as Les said.

The file is now installed as preprocessor_custom.exe

By default, it is disabled and does not processes the user code if the parameter §custom -enable is not specified

Now it works without errors by 100%.

All who installed the old Custom_PreProcessor version simply rename the preprocessor_les.exe file back to preprocessor.exe, and it will not be necessary to reinstall anything.

atomix

I hope in version 4.0.1.0 preprocessor_custom.exe will be launched, then I will be immensely happy.

Only there is a problem described in the post #27.

top204

In the next corrections update, I will incorporate the preprocessor that call the custon preprocessor if it is found beside it. However, your custom preprocessor "must" have a window come up to state that it is "third party"

I made a mistake in the calling of the program in the beta version I sent you, in that I had the timeout set too long. I have the timeout and a count of the amount of timeouts because some programs take longer to operate on the code listing, and I never wanted a program to be cut short because it is classed as "not responding", which is a commom thing since Windows 7.

atomix

Thanks.
The program has updated and added the window with information.

Giuseppe MPO

I tried to install and try the preprocessor but when I compile
it gives me this error.
Thanks

atomix

It will work only in the new version 4.0.1.0 positron

atomix

New release 1.0.24

atomix

New release 1.0.25
Added new commands - §count and §file

atomix