News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

1602 LCD INCLUDE

Started by Colin G3YHV, Feb 04, 2021, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keytapper

QuoteIt looks like the zipped file has two copies of the same
OK, I got the clue, but I had to cut down the jumps to the routines, because such include has a couple of jumps and the BusOut has 3 more for itself. On midrange MCU there are only 8 jumps, probably including the ISR, so I tried to reduce mine. Later my friend will report me if we can handle it.

I think that the I2CPrint_Send.... should need a review and pack the data in a buffer, so rather than GoSub just make a GoTo with all data set into the buffer.
Ignorance comes with a cost

HAL

Hi gents

Mr tapper, The file you uploaded>>  I2cPrint.7z  is okay!  Just add @__Print_  to the  .inc file.....

Actually, The  PCF8574-Display-master.zip  is the file to which I was referring.  When unzipped, two of the several resulting files:  I2CPrintHardCommand.inc and I2CPrintSoftCommand.inc appear to contain the same 10k file, which according to the listing's first line is:  [Name : I2CPrintHardCommand.inc] ...

Hal

keytapper

I got to opt for the softI2C, which is working. After few adjustment as Mr. Les has quoted.

There's a drawback on my friend's hardware, the display starts with grabbed characters, so I think that resetting the I2CPrint_tInitialised before a print will realign the synchrony.

Thanks All for the concern.
Ignorance comes with a cost