News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Unable to download Positron upgrade

Started by jmarkwolf, Jul 29, 2021, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmarkwolf

I purchased the Positron 4.0.0.6 and was sent the link to download it, but the message says "This file is executable and may harm your computer. Positron Compilers Upgrade 4.0.0.6.exe (19M)" (see below). If I attempt to "download anyway" I only get a partial download with a file extension I don't recognize that will not execute.

What gives, and how do I download my merchandise?

Please advise.

top204

I sent an email with the answer to this question a few days ago to you Mark.

This is "not" blocking the download, it is just stating that google will not scan the file. It can, but it refuses because I did not pay google extra money for the scan to happen!

It is using "over the top" words, but the compilers are scanned for virus' and trojans before they are uploaded to the drive.

It is my guess that hitting the help link in the message would try and put you onto buying something or other from google or a company, secretly, owned by google that can scan it! Never, never, never trust google or the large corporates on the internet... They are out there for one thing only... Money!!!!!! And people and truth do not matter!

Unfortunately, it is the exact opposite of what the internet was first created for.

jmarkwolf

Hi Les

Yes, I did receive your emails but I am still left with the inability to download my merchandise. The only evidence I have that anything is even attempting to download are the ".crdownload" files deposited in my downloads folder (see below).

Can someone please describe the step-by-step process to wrest my merchandise from the evil clutches of Google.

Wait. I seem to recall that if the ".crdownload" extension is changed to ".exe" that it behaves as it should.

I did indeed change the file extension and it did indeed download my merchandise. This little pearl of wisdom should be specified in a bright red Bold Face font somewhere!

top204

I've just clicked on the URL link I sent you in the email and everything happened as it should, and the compilers installer was downloaded.

With the message window, click on "Download Anyway", and the installer's file will download.

About 100 people have performed this operation without any problems, unless your virus scannner is one those types where it has "absolute" control of your machine, and operates worse than a virus or a trojan. I've tried a few of these in the past and gotten rid of them ASAP. My computer is my computer to operate, and the virus scan is there for advice only IMO!

I created a screenshot of it happening just a few minutes ago:
download.jpg

jmarkwolf

I am still unable to enjoy my new v4.0.0.6 compiler.

The last time I attempted a download I thought I was successful, but after launching the compiler, "Help/About" still reports v3.7.5.5. I attempted a fresh re-install and watched the screens carefully to try to catch some anomolies but everything proceeded as expected with the progress bar graphs etc.

I looked in the Windows Start facility wondering if it installed a whole new version of the compiler as opposed to simply updating my current version, but no luck.

Can someone please advise?

RGV250

Hi,
There is an issue that the IDE cannot show the version for some reason, it is on here somewhere. If you look in the compiled ASM you will see it is the latest version.
I believe if you have Positron studio it shows the correct version in the IDE, not sure about Fineline.

Bob

See_Mos

Just watch the pop up message boxes when compiling some code to see the actual version.

rick.curl

Hi Mark-
When you start it, make sure you're clicking on the new "Positron Studio" shortcut rather than the old "Proton Compilers" one.

-Rick

okaman

i knew has Positron Corrections Update 4.0.0.5-1.1.0.3
is the Positron Corrections Update 4.0.0.6 came out?
DWIN Sale Manager TURKEY
(info@kamantek.com)
http://www.kamantek.com/shop/index.php

jmarkwolf

Quote from: See_Mos on Aug 10, 2021, 08:59 AMJust watch the pop up message boxes when compiling some code to see the actual version.

Right you are See Mos. I watched the dialogs as my program compiled and it does indeed show v4.0.0.6, even though Help/About reports an older version.

Thanks.

gpauk

Quote from: okmn on Aug 12, 2021, 06:43 AMi knew has Positron Corrections Update 4.0.0.5-1.1.0.3
is the Positron Corrections Update 4.0.0.6 came out?

good question - is there an answer? :)

CPR

Same question. The update has jumped straight to 4.0.0.7, 1.1.0.4 from 4.0.0.5, 1.1.0.3. Yet OP has 4.0.0.6 what gives?

top204

Because of the extra bits and pieces I added and corrected etc, the corrections update is version 4.0.0.7 and version 1.1.0.4, the same as the current, purchased, Positron compilers versions. I must always make the update version the same as the current compiler version number, or above.

If a little time has passed between "free" updates, they will not increment with a single digit, it all depends on what has had to be changed and how long it took me to make the changes in the source code. This then matches my source code version backups that I am working on.

CPR

Just for clarification. With my original 4.0.0.4 purchase if I ever needed to re-install afresh do I apply the "free" updates in sequential order (4.0.0.5, 4.0.0.6 (skipped), 4.0.0.7) or would I apply - just whatever the latest update was? In other words does 4.0.0.7 contain whatever was in 4.0.0.6 (which the OP has) and also 4.0.0.5? Or are they all completely separate?

Giuseppe

I think version 4.0.0.7 also includes the previous ones

top204

The current version 4.0.0.7 has all the pieces in the previous updates, so you can run that installer and it will correct the same as the previous updates. However, this may not always be the case, so even if you do not use the update file, it is best to download them and store them for later (just in case). They are not huge files, so they will take very little storage space.

Future compiler "upgrades" with new devices and features will always have everything in them required to make the previous "upgrade" version up to the current "upgrade".

okaman

dear Les,
Will you continue to use "paypal" for the next latest compiler sale or will you switch to another easy payment system?
As you know, paypal is not available in many other countries like my country.
DWIN Sale Manager TURKEY
(info@kamantek.com)
http://www.kamantek.com/shop/index.php