News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Positron Studio Update

Started by JohnB, Jul 29, 2021, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tumbleweed

It may not be that bad... even though there are multiple vectors you still only have two interrupt priority levels.
QuoteInterrupts defined with the same software priority cannot preempt or interrupt each other.
Concurrent pending interrupts with the same user priority are resolved using the natural order priority.
(when MVECEN = ON) or in the order the interrupt flag bits are polled in the ISR (when MVECEN =OFF).

There are also now two levels of hardware context support (one for each priority level) which, unlike on the standard 18F devices, save pretty much all of the core registers with the exception of the TBLPTR registers.

Each vector would only have to save the system variables used by that vector, so it can actually end up being faster.

I found that the only real trick is with locating the interrupt routines themselves. Due to the way addresses are stored in the interrupt vector table the ISR code has to be located on an address evenly divisible by 4.

Pepe

I could upload an installer that does not check the operating system, because otherwise I cannot install it on my windows 11 arm pc

JohnB

Positron Studio is written for Windows OS for the Intel Architecture. If you have windows running on ARM I will try and generate a new Install Script but will be no guarantee that it will work on ARM as I have nothing to test it on.
JohnB

Pepe

I have W11 on a Macbook Air and positronstudio64.exe works but I had to create the folders that I couldn't find.

JohnB

@Pepe Could you try this installation - should allow install on arm PC.  Its completely untested as I don't have a suitable setup.  If it works there is an additional test I have to add before making it part of the installer as at present it should install on any arm/windows machine not just Windows 11 or later.
JohnB

Pepe

It allowed me to install it but the 32-bit version and I have 64-bit w11

JohnB

I have updated the file under the previous link - please try this one.  It should install in 64 bit.
JohnB

Pepe

Thank you, it was installed correctly.