News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Positron Studio Update

Started by JohnB, Jul 29, 2021, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

another update, complete install. Get it from here

Changes:
1 - Updated Project Search - you can create multiple searches which will appear on separate tabs in the messages window.
2 - Fixed, I hope, the List Index Out of Range error when switching between searches on Asm and Source tabs.
3 - Fixed contributor and forum links to new website.
4 - Added Save and restore IDE layout. View menu now has Open Layout and Save Layout items.If  you change the layout of your tool windows e.g. dragged Project Manager to the left hand side bar, you can choose to save these settings to a file. Open will restore to earlier layouts previously saved.  The layout files are held in Program Data with the extension '.pslyt'
5 - Search buttons Next and Previous will be enabled if text is in the find text combo box.

See whats new for all the changes.

Please report problems to me when you find them.
JohnB

JohnB

It might be useful for me to explain the mechanism for the highlighter:

When loading a page(s) the highlighting is turned off to enable faster loading. After loading the IDE switches to the last page loaded or the main program if loaded from a project.

Switching to a page forces the parser to start and any subsequent change occurring in the editor will start/restart a 250mS timer. When there has been no change for 250mS the timer will timeout and start the parser.  The timer prevents the IDE attempting to parse the data on every keystroke.

The parser runs in a separate thread, when triggered it loads all the files in the project into a single file and scans the code for Keywords, sorting them into tables one for each colour attribute as listed in the Highlighter section of the Options dialog. These tables are shared by the highlighter. On completing the thread synchronizes with the main IDE thread and the highlighter uses the keywords tables generated by the parser.

Every time you switch between tabs (pages) the parser will be triggered.

JohnB

JohnB

I have now released the final version of 2.0.2.18 as a full install.
You can download it from here

See What's New for details on changes and additions.
JohnB

joesaliba

JohnB

In error I uploaded the development version of Positron Studio 2.0.2.18. 
This has now been corrected so please would anyone who has updated since I published yesterday download and reinstall

Here is the link.
JohnB

Pepe

If the fuse configuration is in an inclusion file the fuses tab says that the fuses are not configured

JohnB

OK, I will add it to the list for next release.
JohnB

joesaliba

John,

If the `Show Welcome screen on Startup' is unticked, it still shows the welcome screen on startup.

I remember this worked ok before the release.

Joe

JohnB

I have fixed both the Welcome page issue and the failure to detect presence of fuse settings.

@Pepe If you you have a main file which doesn't contain fuse settings you will not be able to apply any changes until you move to the page holding the actual settings.

@joesaliba If you have Open Welcome on Start Up the start up page will appear ahead of any other files open.

You can trial it from here
JohnB

Pepe

It does not run, it tells me that I can not run it on this computer, I have w8 32 bits.

JohnB

That is because its only been compiled to 64 bit.  Its not a full installation.
Here is a 32 bit version
You will have to change the name back to PositronStudio.exe
JohnB

joesaliba

Hi John,

Welcome screen working as expected.

Joe

jam19857

Hi, I installed Positron Studio version 2.0.2.18. and when using it I saw some anomalies.
attached file in pdf format with the screenshots

jam19857

The start screen looks fine, but when opening a .bas file, the code is not visible, until I click fuses and return to code.  The same thing happened with the .inc file

JohnB

Yes, I am aware of these.  Its the result of my attempts  to start up with multiple files more cleanly
I have got a solution now which I will put up for testing tomorrow.
JohnB

JohnB

Have updated and hope now that page updating is more consistent.
You can download from here
JohnB

JohnB

I have now updated Positron Studio and updated the Version to 2.0.3
From now on I will maintain the software at build level but will only announce further updates when there has been a substantial change.  The Positron Studio web site will always hold the latest build.

Download the latest version from here
JohnB

Dompie

Yes, 2.0.3??? The download is named 2.02.18??????

Johan

TimB

Thanks John

Very much appreciate!

JohnB

@Dompie The file numbering is only because its in transition. The application is 2.0.3.  FUture intermediate updates will be 2.0.3.n

JohnB