News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Positron Studio Update

Started by JohnB, Jul 29, 2021, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

JohnL is correct, I was just using white space as the delimiter, I now have added +-/*= . as delimiters.

I have also added End Select as valid syntax
JohnB

top204

Other line delimiters for symbol names are the colon, semi-colon, hyphen, ^, @, ?, &, |

JohnB

New version of Positron Studio is now available 2.0.2.13
Mostly bug fixes and minor improvements:

New – Added check for If Statements without Then on the same line – whole line is underlined with a red squiggly
Fixed – Block line alignment issue when toggling Code Fold between open tabs
Fixed - Rendering of Code folding lines when gutter is hidden
Fixed – Erroneous reporting of Unused Variables.
Improved – Speed of loading files.
Improved – Now supports If Statements ending with End If and Select Statements ending with End Select

Download it from PositronStudio.co.uk
JohnB

tumbleweed

John -

Trying to compile this test code I get "unbalanced stack or queue operation" and have to close the IDE w/task manager
Device=18F26K40
Xtal = 64

'$DEFINE EE_ADDR 0x310000      ' K40 eeprom
$ifndef EE_ADDR
  $define EE_ADDR 0xF00000
$endif

Symbol EEPROM_ADDR = EE_ADDR + 0x3FE

Main:
   EData 255,10

While 1=1
Wend

JohnB

Just pasted your code into both win 32 and win 64 version but could not get it to fail.
If you save it and reload it does it still error?
JohnB

tumbleweed

Yes.

If I open an existing file with that code, or open a new editor window and paste that code into it I get an immediate "unbalanced stack or queue operation" messagebox. If I click OK the messagebox closes and reopens, so I have to kill the process.

This is on win7 x64

RGV250

Hi John,
I tried it on Windows 64 bit and get the same response in both source or text.
I then copied it bit by bit and it was all OK until the last bit I pasted which was the $endif and that was the bit that caused the error.
If you comment out the $endif and paste it everything is fine, remove the ' and it happens.

Regards,
Bob

JohnB

I have managed to reproduce it, I will send out an update shortly, in the meantime I have removed the link on the website.  I  thought I had resolved this one but obviously not.
JohnB

JohnB

I have updated the program, please reinstall from the website.  Stupid really, I have been testing on some really big complex files without an issue, I just never tested removing the last end statement.
JohnB

RGV250

Hi John,
It still does the same for me, the file I downloaded was the same version number as before, is this correct?

Regards,
Bob

okaman

hi,
there is no the link for download Version 2.0.2.13 (i am mmebered user of the site).
DWIN Sale Manager TURKEY
(info@kamantek.com)
http://www.kamantek.com/shop/index.php

JohnB

I wan to do a bit more testing before releasing it.
Tim Box has also pointed out a couple of minor issues which I would also like to address.
I hope to publish in the next day or 2
JohnB

JohnB

I have re-enabled the link to download ver 2.0.2.13 of Positron Studio
JohnB

tumbleweed

Thanks John.

That seems to have fixed the issue I reported.

atomix

And you can save the sizes of the side panels when the program is then loaded

Or make autohide panel.

i need more space for edit code

John Lawton

You know that these 'panels' can be moved entirely out of the main window?

John

atomix

Yes I know. Just very comfortable when they are narrow. And therefore they have to constantly hide them constantly, then press the opening in the menu.

Maybe to make it all the same to keep its width when starting the program.

Please.

atomix

And you can make an indent to several pixels from the left line to the text with the code

JohnB

1  I'll add an autohide to each panel.
2  I cannot see an easy way to indent the start of the editing area but I will look into the editor code to see if there is way.
   The simplest thing I can think of is to add a space to the start of each line.
JohnB

atomix

An interesting bug, maybe it is like that:

Open "Tools->Options" and disable check "Show left hand gutter" and again enable "Show left hand gutter"
Then press button "Apply" and "OK" and close "Options" window

In code select any part and click in menu "Add code folding region"