News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Positron Studio Update

Started by JohnB, Jul 29, 2021, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

It depends.  If  you have made changes to your Library source then closed the library the changes will be saved and you won't be able to recover them using undo.  If you have both Library with your changes as yet unsaved and your bas files open when you compile in debug mode you will be able to undo changes on any of the unsaved and open files. Remember the undo list is not persistent, i.e. after a save it is lost.
JohnB

JohnB

@tumbleweed I think the back up facility serves a different purpose and it works at the file level.  The undo list only applies to the current editing session.  I want to hear what Les has to say about this as he made the original request and there are questions still remaining as to how I actually implement this.  E.g. Currently the compiler will generate its output files with the file name of the files submitted, should I change these output files back to their original name? This also applies to the metadata files the editor generates.
JohnB

JohnB

I have a scheme which, if Les can make a change to the compiler to enable the output to go to a directory other than the source, the whole thing could be transparent, i.e. there would be no need for a debug mode and the undo list will remain until you close the source file or do a manual save.
JohnB

Frizie

John, the original Proton IDE doesn't delete the undo list(s) until you close the program.
That's one of the main reasons why I mainly still work with this IDE  :-[

The undo list should logically not be deleted.
I write a piece of program, try it out, ok, this works.
Then I write further, try again, but it doesn't work properly anymore.
Then it's nice if I can step back with undo to see where the bottleneck is.

That's less work than making backups in this case, in my opinion.
Ohm sweet Ohm | www.picbasic.nl

JohnB

I have hacked into the underlying editor so that the undo list is retained until the document is closed.  I didn't think this was possible with the edit control I am using but having delved into the code I have found a way around it.

If anyone would like to test it before I release it please PM me and I will send you a link.

I should add that the modified indicator will remain until the document is closed but once you have saved the indicator will change from Yellow to Lime Green
JohnB

Craig

Hi John
If I go into the Fuses Section and try and Insert it into the code, it looks like the Insert Key Does not work?

Regards

Craig

JohnB

I have found the problem, the Apply button is hidden behind a blank Preferences button.
I have fixed the problem and will be adding into the next update coming out shortly.
In the mean  tome  you can copy and paste from the preview panel.
JohnB

Craig

Thanks very much John, Much appreciated!
Regards
Craig

JohnB

There is a new release of Positron Studio 2.0.2.17

Changed - Undo List now only clears when document is closed.
Fixes - Auto backup when period in file name
Fixes - Access Violation on some slower PCs when closing tabs
Fixes - Apply button obscured by settings button in Fuse Configurator

JohnB

keytapper

I have a bit of an issue. I installed in Linux and it's working by the help of wine emulator.
At startup it appears a windows warning about the printer configuration, but I can't do anything to modify that printer setting.
That is not happening on Windows installation.
Ignorance comes with a cost

JohnB

I have only ever tested this on Windows and do not have an environment to look into this issue.
I am surprised that anyone uses printing with Positron Studio
JohnB

RGV250

I print so I can study it in the pub but when I do I use Notepad++

Bob

JohnB

Yes, I need to sort out printing a bit more.
I have never made it a priority.
JohnB

JohnB

I have spotted an issue if you have spaces in filenames and you have autoarchive enabled.
I have resolved this issue and put it up on Positron Studio\Downloads without change to version number as it is will affect few people.
JohnB

JohnB

0b notation as well as % can now be used to indicate a binary number. 
Issue number unchanged as very minor addition which will affect few. 
Download from Positron Studio
JohnB

John Drew

Hi John,
Using 2.0.2.17 with W10. I notice that the lines indicating If..endif should be placed a character further to the left. Currently they encroach on the characters. Is that what you intend/observe?
Cheers
John

JohnB

Can  you send me an image of the problem and what screen resolution your display is working with and if you are scaling the OS outside MS recommended scaling.

I have tried it out here at 96 dpi and 150 dpi and on both lines are correctly placed;
JohnB

Oskar-svr

Hello friend, this is the error is in the if and in the for thanks for your attention greetings

JohnB

Thank you @Oskar-svr but I also need the resolution of your screen and what value you had set the display scaling. 
See Settings, System, Display.
JohnB

Mapo

Hi Oskar-svr, if you deselect "Show Code folding" return all ok.
See imageCattura3.JPG