News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Positron Studio Update

Started by JohnB, Jul 29, 2021, 08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

I cannot repeat that.
I have tried opening it from the explorer and directly from File Open and with and without the bas file being opened.
Does it happen every time you opened it?
JohnB

atomix

Yes, it happens every time and on Windows 7 and on Windows 10

JohnB

Could you try this one.
I have been doing some cleaning up and I cannot get this version to fail.
Is just the executable (64bit)
JohnB

atomix

Again an error.

JohnB

I have been able to replicate it on a 32 bit Win7 VM so will have to now have something to look at.
Thank you.  My main machine is on Windows 11 but I cannot see why that should affect anything.

There is a workaround, if you keep the Welcome screen on a tab it should work.  Could you confirm at your end.
JohnB

atomix

With Welcome screen on a tab. Error still has.

JohnB

It only seems to happen when closing the last but 1 tab, somehow the last instance of the editor is only partially opened.
Did the previous version 15 work? for you?
JohnB

atomix

JohnB

OK, be patient and I will get to the bottom of this but not until after Easter as we have family ere now.'
JohnB

JohnB

@atomix I have updated Positron Studio you can download it from this link.

I have tried it on a WIN 7 32bit VM and it doesn't cause an access violation. (The link is for a 64bit build)

Please try it and let me know how you get on.

JohnB

top204

John. Your IDE is such a joy to use. Many thanks.

Is there any chance you can add the undo after save? Sometimes, after a compile, a user notices a mistake, so an undo will put things back and they can try again, but the IDE does not perform the undo once a compilation has taken place because the files are, rightly, saved first.

JohnB

I'll have to think how I go about that, would you want to maintain the whole undo list after a save or just the last edit?
I could pass the files over to you as temporary files and only actually save the files on ending the editing session or manually saving the file, that might work better.  I have always thought it a shame you have to commit the edits to file before compiling.
JohnB

atomix

Now everything is fine.

JohnB

The problem is down to a routine which selects the previous tab rather than the first tab when a tab is deleted.
Now you have confirmed that the access violations has been stopped, I will add a test in my SelectPreviousTab routine which skips when it is called on the last but one Tab.
JohnB

JohnB

@atomix I have updated it again with a new version of SelectPreviousTab which behaves correctly and doesn't error on slow machines.
The only remaining issue which  only appears on slow machines is that when opening all pages in a project.  The last page to be opened will appear blank until you select it from another page. I cannot do much about that without making it considerably more complicated with additional threads which have to be synchronised.

Use the same link as before.  Please let me know if you have any issues with this so I can get it out as an update ASAP.
JohnB

atomix

JohnB

JohnB

JohnB

@top204
Les, my proposal to provide the undo facility you requested is this:
I will add a mode in the IDE which can be switched between Release and Debug modes.
In Release mode all files will be saved as normal on a compile.
In Debug mode a copy of the source code, renamed with a debug added to the original filename, will be submitted to the compiler.
The current source code will only be saved on closing that editing session or on a manual save. Thus in debug when you return to theedior after a compile you have your complete undo list still available.

Would that be acceptable, and would anyone else care comment?

JohnB

tumbleweed

I haven't thought this through John, but instead of "release and debug" modes couldn't this be incorporated into the backup facility somehow? Would that make more sense?

Yasin

Dear @JohnB Is this feature valid only for ".bas" file? Or can it work inside ".inc" files?

For example; There is a library named "Sensors.inc" in the project. I made a change to this file. Then I made changes in the source file. and I compiled it. Then can it have both back?