News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Proton trial version?

Started by Yves, Jul 13, 2021, 10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yves

To the administrator(s)

I have a paid license of PROTON compilers for years and I have downloaded the latest  IDE version 2.0.3.3 and compiler 3.7.5.5. which I had to re-install after having a hard drive complete crash and a clean Windows installation.
Now when I re-compile a program which used to compile perfectly in the past, I get a series of error after compilation.
In addition while compiling I get a brief  message in a yellow box saying something like this "Trial version .... Les Johnson" It is so fast that cant even read what it is all about.
My question is: Did I loose my license since the major change with Positron and cant continue my work? I also have a USB key.

Regard,

Yves   
Yves

top204

QuoteI have a paid license of PROTON compilers for years

There was no paying for many years with the Proton compilers. It was a single payment with free updates, and I actually added the Proton24 compiler into the installation for free!

The "Trial" version of the "Proton" compilers still use the USB key, and if previously registered compilers are updated with it, they will operate as normal, but still be the Proton compilers without the extra features, and any future corrections and additions to the compilers will not be suitable for them. If it is a virgin install, it will still operate as normal if the USB key is present, and active.

The text below the installer's link button on my RosettaTech site states exactly what the update is.

If the NAG screen is being seen, and the trial version is shown, it is down to the USB key not having its driver installed.

That is one of the big reasons I have removed the USB key registration from the Positron compilers, and will "never" re-introduce it.

Yves

Quote from: top204 on Jul 13, 2021, 11:09 AMThere was no paying for many years with the Proton compilers. It was a single payment with free updates, and I actually added the Proton24 compiler into the installation for free!

Thank you Les for your reply. I will definitely upgrade the Positron compiler program. I just hope the Positron as the same look and feel like the Proton compiler and It will be compatible with my previous codes.

Regards,

Yves
Yves

top204

The Positron compilers "are" my Proton compilers, but with new devices and new features added.

A name change has had to be done to "finally" break away from C#o*nh#ll. See sections on the forum as to why, and the facebook site for the compilers.

It also removes the need for the USB key and allows me to create installers that are downloadable from anywhere on the planet without having to wait for the silly USB device turning up by expensive post, and it not being suitable with whatever O\S Micro$oft throw at the people in the future etc...