News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Programmer setups in Positron

Started by rick.curl, May 15, 2021, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick.curl

I just installed the 4.0.0.0 upgrade.  I like it so far, but I was surprised that the install deleted all of my programmer definitions. It's not hard to set them back up, but I would like to suggest the settings for Evan Venn's wonderful "Proton Plus" software be included in the list of pre-configured programmers.

By the way, if you are adding Proton Plus, here are the settings I use. I made two programemr entries; one for 5 volts and the other for 3.3 volts. 
The 5 volt parameters are: -w -e -a5.0 -pPIC$target-device$ -f"$hex-filename$" -mpce -d5
The 3.3 volt parameters are: -w -e -a3.3 -pPIC$target-device$ -f"$hex-filename$" -mpce -d5 

-Rick

JohnB

Was your previous install Proton Studio or Positron Studio?
JohnB

rick.curl

Quote from: JohnB on May 15, 2021, 01:09 PMWas your previous install Proton Studio or Positron Studio?
Hi John- It was Proton. I take it that if it was already Positron that it would have kept the settings?

Still- I think it would be good to add PicKit Plus to the preconfigured settings.

top204

Sorry about that Rick!

I always thought it strange that the programmer ini file was in with the IDE itself and not in with the plugins etc, in the user's folder, so I forgot to remove it from the upgrade installer.

But... It shows that before an update or an upgrade of anything, always save a copy of the original "main" folder. :-) I always zip up a main folder before I install anything over any program, just in case. LOL