News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

FT800 / ConnectEve display code

Started by RGV250, Mar 20, 2021, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGV250

Hi,
I have spent quite a few days completely rewriting everything to take advantage of procedures, what a difference they have made to the code.
There are quite a few files as it has been broken down to demonstrate the best way (in my opinion) to implement it.
The files to look at are
ConnectEveDemo.BAS which show the structure of all the calls to the other files.
FT800_Screen_files.INC which is where all the screen files are included and shows which files call other files(these are used to simulate data for the function).
FT800_1_2.INC where all the specific symbols etc are.
FT800_Core.INC where all the most complicated stuff is.
FT800_Commands.INC where all the commands to control screen objects are.
All the screens follow the same format so you only really need to look at the ones you are interested in.

There are a couple of bugs that I cannot seem to figure out yet and not sure when I will get the time to look at, I am now going back to the original task of migrating it to PIC24 as this demo uses 88% of 18F25K20.
The bugs I know of are
Toggle screen – The back button has "BackNo" in the text where it should be "Back". All the other screens have a Back button and none of them do this.
Lines screen – All the lines have the same thickness parameter but only the first line has what I think is correct, the other 3 are wider.
ScreenCalibrate – I am not sure if this has one or not as it is not called if the EEPROM returns the correct value so difficult to debug.

I hope it speeds up your progress with it as they are not the easiest things to get to grips with, if I find any issues when doing the PIC24 conversion I will update this.
If there are any specific commands you want to use that I have not covered here let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

Regards,
Bob

ConnectEveDemo_PIC18.zip

RGV250

Hi,
Added a bitmap example which has been made a lot easier as Les has added {} to the compiler which means you don't need to add loads of underscores to the data from the converter.
Found an issue with the previous code that I think only affected bitmaps (hopefully).
This demo has just about filled up the 18F25K20, I don't think you would use all the commands so probably not an issue.
The next one will probably be for a 16bit device.
ConnectEveDemo_03_05_21_1_PIC18.zip

Regards,
Bob