News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Robust coms connection

Started by TimB, Apr 05, 2021, 10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

See_Mos

Hi Tim, I had to chuckle at some of the answers.  some good ideas but not what you require.

My suggestion would be to use Ser in / out or HSer in / out and use low value resistors at both ends.  You could go as low as a few hundred ohms but even a few K would reduce the chance of sticky fingers or noise upsetting things.

trastikata

Quote from: TimB on Apr 06, 2021, 04:43 PMSorry If I sound rude but I did explain in my first post "TTL" I have reiterated it several times.
I'm going from one PCB to another. I have no need to introduce a CAN or any system like it to talk to a PCB 50mm away.

No offense taken Tim, it simply wasn't clear what are your requirements. It seems a standard Digital Isolator might be what you need instead of SN74LVC2G07, like for example ADuM251N from which you can even receive samples if it is for prototyping all you need. 

TimB

Thanks trastikata

That ADuM251N looks very useful.

See_Mos

ADuM251N

Nice price if you need complete isolation but overkill otherwise.

How many channels do you need and is the ground or VSS common to both boards?

TimB

Hi Trevor

Reviewing my needs I have the following needs.

TX
RX
1 Digital channel.

I could just run on the main boards 3.3v VDD
VSS is common.

I went for 12v as that will be a common power rail. Putting a regulator on boards makes it easier to use in other locations. I think I will have to use the hardware USAT as I will have an interrupt RX system. For the once in a blue moon config set up it may get.