News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Teaching ChatGPT the Positron language

Started by top204, Sep 04, 2024, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

You had me panicking with the reference to PIC18F010 and PIC18F020, because I had never heard of them. Then I did a search and found out they were never actually released by microchip, so they were never referenced in any data files. Phew....

The answers to questions 2 and 3, should have been... Any 8-pin enhanced 14-bit core device because they can operate at 32MHz. However, it should be remembered that the 8-bit PIC Harvard architecture uses a 4:1 instruction to clock ratio, so their actual speed is 8 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second).

Wow! If businesses are relying on AI to do the crunching or searching or designing etc, it is going to cause chaos! The internet is going to be even more full of non-truths that people actually believe!

basparky

Just asked the same question to Chatgpt:
Answer:
As of 2024, the fastest 8-pin PIC microcontroller from Microchip is the **PIC12F752**. This microcontroller is part of the 8-bit PIC family, specifically designed for low pin-count applications. It features intelligent analog peripherals, including a complementary waveform generator (COG) and high-performance comparators with a response time as fast as 40 nanoseconds. The PIC12F752 operates with a clock frequency up to 32 MHz, making it one of the fastest in the 8-pin category. Additionally, it supports advanced PWM generation and features core-independent peripherals (CIPs) to optimize performance without relying heavily on CPU cycles【7†source】【9†source】.

The **PIC12LF1840** is another high-speed 8-pin option known for its low power consumption with similar capabilities but focusing on more power-efficient designs【8†source】. Both are great choices depending on the application's performance and power needs.

top204

But the PIC12F752 is one of the, now redundant, standard 14-bit core devices with a maximum operating speed of 20MHz. It is very, very outdated.

You can tell by the text, it is just scooping up some sales person's advertising hype for the device, from many years ago, from the internet.