News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Digital Microphones and PICs

Started by Wimax, Aug 18, 2024, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimax

Hello everybody !

Has anyone experimented with interfacing and handling PDM or I2S digital microphones with DSP capable PICs ?

diebobo

Since nobody answered yet.. I have an I2S microphone on the way and a new board to put it on, however it will take prob. at least a month before i will start playing with it.. Will get back here with the results :)

Wimax

Hi Diebobo,

With which micro have you thought of interfacing it? I have searched the net a bit and, apart from the hardware, I have found very little in the way of software other than Arduino applications with the inevitable libraries.

diebobo

I've got a SPH0645LM4H-B on the way from Mouser. I wanted to do some experiments for fun with a microphone and read that into the AD PIC, then i learned there where Digital mems microphones and settled on that one.. I did not explore Arduino or other code examples, looking at the datasheet i think i can get it working with the PIC i selected, it supports I2S so getting data should be doable, interpreting that data is something else i guess but thats what we will find out :) .. The selected PIC is a dsPIC33CK256MP508-I/PT

Wimax

That MCU should have the power to handle it without any problems.
I look forward to hearing about it on the forum as soon as you have a chance to try it out! ;)

diebobo

Will do !.. Mic and PIC just delivered from the U S of A, waiting for the boards andddd time to do stuff after that.. Will report when i have something to report ;)