Important - PositronStudio.co.uk Domain is going to be closed

Started by JohnB, Apr 08, 2024, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

I get very little traffic on the above domain that I plan to close the site unless another member wishes to adopt the domain name.  The website will be closed as will the email addresses associated.

Positron Studio installation code will be available on Dropbox which I shall update before closing down Positron Studio.

If anyone wishes to take over this domain please let me know with in the next 5 days.
JohnB

John Lawton

Hi John,

that's a shame, I hate to come across bad links which I'm sure will happen if you close the site and it has some useful information on there.  If it is the web & email hosting cost that bothers you then I could host it for you at no cost (I have a reseller account). I could also take on the domain although it makes more sense for you to hold onto that as this isn't my product.

John

JohnB

Its the hosting which costs the money, the domain name costs are quite small.
If you are offering to host the website and email I will talk with my hosting service (Netcom.co.uk) about the possibility of transferring.

This are of technology is not in my bailiwick so I have no idea on what this involves. The site is written on Wordpress with Divi and a few other plugins.
JohnB

John Lawton

Hi John,

once I have a login to the web site then I can use an FTP program to copy all the files over to a local folder then upload them to the new host site. I would install and configure Wordpress on there first and then copy the WP data files over.  Having said that I haven't tried effectively cloning a WP site before, so might be fun....

Then it is a matter of changing the domain name DNS settings to point to the new web server.

Good job I'm not busy...

:)

JohnL

JohnB

I have emailed you with details.

BTW are you able to host the email service as well or should I retain these with Netcom?
JohnB

John Lawton

Hi John,

yes I could host the email or just set up a divert to another address - which might be okay if you don't get much traffic.

JohnL

Dimitri

One of you might already know this, but if you plan to host it as a wordpress site you'll need a backup copy of the wordpress database, which is a different process than just "ftp"-ing the html files over.

D

John Lawton