News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Another brilliant site full of old magazines and books

Started by top204, Mar 19, 2021, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

Here is a site that I found quite a few years ago and I love going through it because it is loaded with, probably millions, of books and magazines.

I cannot resist reading the old computer and electronics magazines and recognising the ones I used to get back in the 1980s, and the ones dad used to get when he was young and keep in the dining room. As a young boy I used to love sitting on the dining room floor with dad's, Practical Wireless, Practical Electronics, and Practical Mechanics, magazines opened and surrounding me, and me asking dad "What is that component and what does it do?". :-)

From the quality of the older books and magazines, you can tell straight away that quality is "very much" missing in modern magazines and books, sadly.

The site also has older computer games and online emulators, and it will capture you for hours, and you will keep going back to it every few days to see what else it has. LOL

Here's the link:
https://archive.org/details/magazine_rack

John Drew

The problem with many magazines is they focus on prettiness and layout at the expense of quality research.
Fancy layouts at the expense of content and legibility.
John