News:

;) This forum is the property of Proton software developers

Main Menu

Positron Corrections Update 4.0.3.6-1.1.1.6

Started by GDeSantis, Dec 06, 2023, 10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDeSantis

Never had a problem downloading the Positron Corrections Update file in the past.  However, this time, as the file was being downloaded, the download was blocked even though my computer anti-virus software was disabled.

When the process was repeated using a second computer, the download process was again blocked.

If anyone has any words of wisdom regarding this issue please let me know.

rick.curl

It worked OK for me a few hours ago. Could be a temporary problem, or it could be that your Internet Service Provider is blocking it.

-Rick

John Lawton

Quote from: GDeSantis on Dec 06, 2023, 10:03 PMWhen the process was repeated using a second computer, the download process was again blocked.
Can you please give more details on the 'blocking', such as any on screen messages?
For instance do you get a browser message or an anti-virus message.
Are both computers using the same browser type, if so, try another browser.

For instance on my Windows 7 machine with the Edge browser, the download is initially blocked but there is a path to accepting the download anyway. It has been like this for some time.

Dompie

Chrome sometimes blocks "unusual" downloads. After download, type ctrl-J and then you can click download anyway.

Johan

top204

The compiler files are checked using two seperate virus/trojan checkers, then the installer file is checked using virus/trojan checkers.

Over the years, I have lost count of the amount of times a virus checker has used a "best guess" and signalled a fault with the compilers only to alter the scan parameters on the next update of the virus checker and not see a problem with exactly the same compiler files. It happens so often, it doesn't bother me as it used to do.

Like most things these days, virus checkers are following suit and using 'more' instead of 'better quality'. So they can frighten enough people and they will give them more money for updates, even though the scans are based on feeble guesses of some value sequences in a file, or that something is happening with the file it does not understand fully! And now, even browsers are taking control of a persons computer and dictating 'what can' and 'what can not' be downloaded or viewed!

GDeSantis

The file downloaded quickly with no issues today.  It looks like it was a temporary problem and I thank all for their comments.