News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Where's Tim?

Started by top204, Nov 22, 2023, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

I haven't noticed Tim on here for a while now, and he is a miss. Are you OK Tim?

TimB

Hi Les

Yes I'm fine. I retired a couple of months back so spending all my time decorating. Hence no questions on programing/electronics. I check in every few hours most days.

I will now doubt be back at it in a while.

As soon as Charlie is well enough I will be in contact so we can visit the museum.

top204

Good to know you are still around Tim.

I get worried when a friend is not on the forum for a while. Have you heard from John Drew, because I have not seen him on the forum for a while either?

How is your foot Charlie?

TimB

John Drew keeps popping in you can see he was on the forum 2 days back

Fanie

Quote from: TimB on Nov 22, 2023, 01:24 PMI retired a couple of months back
RETIRED ? !!!  Sounds like an old run down tired tire.  Bad decision, now you're going to get old fast.
As long as you keep the grey matter working you will be ok.  Many have reached twice your age, now is a good time to decide what to do with the second half.
Who's that German that gives people memory loss ?  Oh yes, Alzheimer.  Well, every day you meet a new wife, you find lots of things (that interested you before), it's like a new world every day.  Just an idea to keep you excited...

Fanie

Quote from: top204 on Nov 22, 2023, 06:44 PMHow is your foot Charlie?

No argument, Charlie doesn't have a foot to stand on  ;D
Careful, spare parts for old models are getting scarce...

John Lawton

Quote from: Fanie on Nov 28, 2023, 04:51 PM
Quote from: TimB on Nov 22, 2023, 01:24 PMI retired a couple of months back
...it's like a new world every day.  Just an idea to keep you excited...
Sounds rather like Groundhog Day?

Fanie

Just like Groundhog Day, except it is ***new*** every day.

Just something to look at.
https://youtube.com/shorts/zRlBMRw2qqU
It's a lion.  Note the size of it.

charliecoutas

Hi Les

Sorry, I've been tied up for the last few days. My foot is mending thanks. The plaster was removed two weeks ago and I am creaking my way towards walking again. It's painful but I'll get there. As Tim said, as soon as I can drive we'll arrange a day round the museum.

Fanie: Good to see you again. I was most impressed by your target-shooting of the rats. As you say, keep the little grey cells busy.

Charlie

John Drew

Hi all,
I'm still around.Another project had caught my eye.
I've been dissatisfied with my commercial watering system controller so I've been working on one described in Silicon Chip magazine using a RPi Pico W behaving as a server.

Fascinating, I can now do all the watering adjustments from anywhere. Works like a charm. No coding on my part just some good old hardware work and soldering. I'm not leaving Positron or PICs though.
It's prompted me to try some more  of the wifi modules with PICs.

Life's been a bit hectic, no problems (apart from a catact op), just busy.

Look after that foot Charlie.
Best wishes to all.
John