News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

Proper way to manage a Modem

Started by Peter Truman, Sep 22, 2023, 05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Truman

I'm using a Telit ME910 module on a project I've been fiddling with for a while now.

I have noticed that sometimes AT+CREG? indicates that the module is registered to the network really quickly (few seconds) and other times it can take several minutes. I wondered if this may be because while I'm writing the code I restart the modem by reprogramming my PIC - does this mean that the module if not being deregistered from the network appropriately before trying to re register?

Any idea what the correct AT code for this would be?

Thanks in advance

Bravo

Hi Peter,
I was doing a doing a project using texts to start a sequence of alarms. The tests worked well for a few days & then I noticed the texts were taking longer than 5 minutes to reach the receiving GSM module, which was required to send an acknowledgement. This happened for several days. Since the sending unit had to send to ten different numbers, I concluded that the network was too unreliable, & have now reverted to UHF. It appears to be a network overload problem. Definitely Fridays were worse than other days. This may not be your problem, but I thought I would mention it as a possible issue.   
Retired RF Tech