News:

Let's find out together what makes a PIC Tick!

Main Menu

SSD1306 Oled display to dsPIC33EP512MC806

Started by DataBite, Aug 14, 2023, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DataBite

Hi everyone,

I am working with a 33 pic (dsPIC33EP512MC806) and want to connect an I2C- SSD1306 oled display to it. Now I found on this site some files written for that purpose, however I am not quite clear if these can be used for a dspic33 as well. The files I found are: Graphic&SSD1306_20201101.zip
Posted by: Dompie on Feb 03, 2021, 08:33 PM. Is there anyone who can give me information on this? Modifying these files is still just a step too far for me.

I have been working with this chip for about 5 years now because it is very versatile. Lots of timers, input captures etc.
I enjoy designing robots and am pretty familiar with this chip. I am a newbie to this site but have been working with Proton since 2006. But I am still learning.

Thanks in advance.

joesaliba

Welcome to the forum.

Cannot help you with this SSD1306, but please note that Proton is no longer supported and there is Positron now.

Please contact Les on storypainter@hotmail.com for an updated version as a lot has been changed, and help Les keep up this great product.

Joe

DataBite

Thanks Joe,

And then can I still continue to use my old files from proton?
And then what are the major differences with the new positron?

joesaliba

There where some updates to the compiler.

With a bit of tweaks for the one that compile you can still use your files. Recently I updated one of my files I wrote back when I begin using Proton, 2005. Geeesssss, 2005.......... Already 18 years using this compiler..

Also remember that the forum is here to help.

One last thing, you don't have to bother for the dongle as that is a thing of the past.

Joe