News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Forum problems

Started by top204, Aug 12, 2023, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top204

I have managed to pay for the proton domain for another year, so the forum is OK for now.

Many thanks for the offer of using other domains, but as happened in the past, when OG, bless him, passed away, the forum was nearly gone, because he kindly set it up when "it" destoyed the original forum. So I need to keep it under my control, regardless.

I know £50 and £100 etc, does not souund like a lot of money, but  with my circumstances after my injury, and just moving into a house that is in such a state, it is actually not that small an amount. I sell, maybe, 2 compilers a month, so that does not cater for a lot either. But, I will keep the forum and the compilers going for as long as I can, because I use both of them each and every day.

I have had to give up my rosettamicro domain, but I never used it anyway. I know I am old fashioned, but I detest the internet, and 99% of what it stands for, which is mainly lies, greed, corruption, fraud and ripping people off, and all the other stuff that is associated with those words. :-)

I just wish I had an ego, and plastered myself all over the internet with all the bullshit that comes out of the mouths of people on ego trips, and the "look at me, aren't I great!" attitudes they have, but I don't, and have never wanted too. If I did, I would not have been ripped off most of my life, and I would have a bit of money that I had ripped off others, or gotten them to work all hours to make me money and reputation.

OK, rant over and worry over for another year.

John Drew

Hi Les,
I'm more than willing to pay an annual amount to support the forum (and indeed the compiler too). But it does seem there is no lack of support for the forum. Big thank you to all. Seems like we just need the experts and people like Trastikata, JohnGB etc etc.
John D

pjdenyer

Hi Les, as others I would be happy contribute to the upkeep of the the forum and the compilers. The forum is a mine of information and the users are very keen to help also the compilers are excellent products.

RGV250

Hi Les,
You should not have to pay for what is essentially for our benefit. Also it is not only the £100 or so for the site, it is also your time answering questions etc which have helped so many, myself included.
I am pretty sure everyone would agree that you should look at this sooner than later as next year will come round sooner than you think.

Bob 

joesaliba

I said this from day 1 of this forum, to make a yearly donation.

I would also suggest that access to the site is as a yearly membership, so everyone can give this small contribution, say £15 per year. I am pretty sure everyone afford to give this yearly contribution.

Access to non members is limited to certain areas, and members can get full access to the forum.

Joe

trastikata

Quote from: RGV250 on Aug 14, 2023, 09:47 AMI am pretty sure everyone would agree that you should look at this sooner than later as next year will come round sooner than you think.

It's never late to support Les, let's help him with this year's cost.

Les, check your PayPal.

Yves

Can we have the exact details where support can be made? PayPal is a pain any other ways similar than other internet products?

Regards,

Yves
Yves

Dompie

Les, check your PayPal.

Johan

GDeSantis

Les
Please check your PayPal account.
GJD

GDeSantis

okaman

Quote from: okaman on Aug 12, 2023, 10:47 PM
Quote from: top204 on Aug 12, 2023, 05:46 PMHello

I am probably going to have to let the forum go, because I cannot afford to keep up its payments.

I am also having problems with SSL and other crap with it that is costing more and more money that I simply do not have, and confusing the crap out of me so I do not have a clue how to solve problems, and I do not have the time, or the interest, to read up on all the internet nonesense that they make to get more money from a person!

If the forum goes, I will keep up the Facebook forum.

Sorry, but sometimes living comes before an interest. :-(

dear Les,
  to buy extra more positron at ebay  could it make little help to you by me ? 
for example If I buy positron 2 more , will that payment be in your hands without interruption?
and is this way will ok to send to you the money ?

i can not send the money to you by paypal in Turkey for this reason i want to use that way  but i wait your ok in soon time..

DWIN Sale Manager TURKEY
(info@kamantek.com)
http://www.kamantek.com/shop/index.php

Peter Truman

Check your paypal Les - and thank you.

basiclover

check your paypal LES
thank you

top204

Many, many thanks my friends. Our forum is now active until the mid 2030s. :-)

I cannot thank you enough for the payments that have allowed me to extend our friendly and informative forum.

pjdenyer

Please check your paypal LES.
Thanks

top204

QuoteI have £34 million of (currently) non fungible crypto currency, which is due to go live by the end of this month.

Wow! You can buy your own island with that and live in peace and quiet for the rest of your days, with lots of electronic and software experimentation. With a swedish house keeper as well. :-)

joesaliba

Les, is it still PayPal storypainter@hotmail.com where I can send some money?

Regards

Joe

Bravo

Hi Les,
Check your PayPal. Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Gary
Retired RF Tech

joesaliba

Les,

Check your PayPal.

JohnB

Quote from: SeanG_65 on Aug 13, 2023, 11:33 PMI have £34 million of (currently) non fungible crypto currency, which is due to go live by the end of this month. IF and when that happens, I will fund the Forum for as long as we need it.

@SeanG Were you able to redeem the stock or was it just a scam? :-X
JohnB