News:

PROTON pic BASIC Compilers for PIC, PIC24, dsPIC33

Main Menu

Something Else

Started by Fanie, Jun 21, 2023, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fanie

Let me show you more of the bakery.
The first is everything works off grid, ie solar powered.  There are four sets of 2000W ie 8kW at 250V no load and one must realize the voltage does not drive an element, the current does.
Oonde1.jpg
Each bottom oven acts as a master and the top as slave, otherwise the 8kW will not drive 12kw of elements.
The bottom oven goes to temperature, then switches the 250VDC off and signals to the slave to switch on.
Thus there is only a maximum of 6kW driven at any time.
As the sun increase or decrease more or less ovens are switched on or off, depending how early or late in the day, and weather conditions of course.
Each oven was stripped and properly isolated to improve their efficiency.  All these ovens were scrap yard specials I paid less than R200 for each double oven because many people diverse to gass instead of the unstable power fiasco here in the illegal British colony of Sick Africa.
beheerder1.jpg
Each oven has a controller like this.  To the left is a timer with a set pot and a start / cancel switch.  This works the best of all the variants we tried.
On the right is two displays, one shows the setpoit (195oC) adjusted with a pot and the other the actual temperature (now 19oC).
I eqalled the temperature with my auto calibrate routine by using a mV source simulating the type K thermocouple on each oven.
The control circuitry works off a 12V lifepo4 battery, 10Ah or 12Ah can't remember, charged by the 10W solar panel.
The timer uses a 16F684 as does the temperature controller, so surprise surprise I do use pics for things  ;D
To switch DC at that voltage means none of the 220VAC switches can work.  A switch opening with the 200 - 250VDC goes SHHHHHPP... and the contacts are burnt away.  I use a proper FET and drives it with a photo voltaic opto for isolation and outputs about 7V for the gate, so I can high side or low side switch the DC.  The solar is not earthed as in grid mains power distribution so there is not really a high or low side.
The bakery is for a friend and his wife, they live in a small flat so the bakery is here.  Power makes for 25 to 35% of the expense, which does not apply now, but you are limited to day baking only.

I have never eaten cake so often as now.  Whenever the bakery is not in use, ie sometimes on weekends, the wife bake a cake and or rusks and or ginger bread, or babana bread or whatever else.  Free except for the ingredients.

Fanie

Quote from: trastikata on Aug 02, 2023, 04:49 PMAhh, I see ... I thought the white rollers are rubber rollers like in the old laundry wringers for my ball mill.
Good grief no  ;D   The idea is to keep the wet ingriedients in the mixture  ::).

The fishing guys use similar to make boilies for fishing, videos on youtube.
For the technical guys like Tim and Les who has never fished in their lives, a boilie is a round piece of flovoured dough in which you embed your hook so when the fish swallows the boilie they get hooked in the upper lip.

trastikata

Quote from: Fanie on Aug 02, 2023, 05:14 PMa boilie is a round piece of flovoured dough in which you embed your hook so when the fish swallows the boilie they get hooked in the upper lip.

In good old Europe used it mostly for catfish and carp but those are not valued here in the North, there are better fish species to put on the grill  ;).

Great setup with those ovens, from a childhood I have sweet tooth, but buying it from the grocery is never the same as fresh from the oven, so I kind of envy you!

Pic-ignorant

Quote from: Fanie on Jun 21, 2023, 08:07 PMThis getting older is a load of dung.  No seriously, I feel very deprived  >:(

In my time I had three Suzuki GSX1100 scooters, at the time these were considered the fastest around, capable of doing over 200km/hr.  I usually drove from Pretoria central (when it was still Pretoria) to home here in Centurion in about seven minutes (and get off on shakey legs), which is normally about a 20 minutes drive.  Never got a speed fine either.

Nowadays you get bikes reacing 400km/hr :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnGMXfpxQDg
Top 10 Fastest Bikes In The World 2023 (With their Videos)

My friend's son has a Hayabusa, he showed it to us here the other day.

And I could not even say to him - When I was your age  :'(

Back then, the girls was a lot easier to impress as well.  The first time my mother (now 85) saw my scooter, she slammed her hands together and said good grief ! it's a monstrous thing !  What kind of a girl do you think is going to ride with you on this thing ? 
The answer was of course - the right kind  ;D

When I told the wife the bikes can now do 400km per hour, she just pulled a face and didn't look impressed at all.
I should have knowed, old people like the wife at grandma age is impressed with few things... and I have to sleep with a grandmother at night, which is no joke.

Luckily you don't live here Fanie. All bikes are speed restricted to 186Mph/299Kmh. Obviously there are ways around that if you feel 299kmh is not enough

Fanie

QuoteLuckily you don't live here Fanie. All bikes are speed restricted to 186Mph/299Kmh. Obviously there are ways around that if you feel 299kmh is not enough

Well, if you live in England, the reason for this limitation is probably so you won't fall off the other side into the sea.
If you live down under in Australia, you may cause another veld fire at that speed.  I hear you're not even allowed to fart there for fear of another fire.
In Europe you may accidentally cross a border and you could become one of the millions of fugitive yoofs invading other's countries.
In America it seems every one is walking in the hands-up position for fear of being branded an agressor.
In Canada it is too cold.
In Egypt you may run into a pyramid or a camel.
In the Middle-East there is too much rubble and dust after the Americans were there.
In Africa it is too dark, and here in Sick Africa it is even darker since all the useless funnel in here to become something important.
India and China is full.
Russia has too many trees and it is too cold, you'll freeze quickly.
The only place seems to be CERN... the large hadron collider spanning over Switzerland and France.
Who knows, with enough speed you could open a portal and let demons in from another dimension  :o .

charliecoutas

Fanie: With your skill and determination and had you been involved, the Large Hadron Collider at CERN would have been a mere plaything by now.

Here's a challenge for you: Particle Physics is struggling to understand Quantum Entanglement. How can two entangled particles be "in touch" over a vast distance in zero time? If you could spare a few minutes, would you kindly sort this out please?

There's a nice Nobel Prize awaiting your solution - it would look good sat of those lovely ovens you designed and built for your friends.

Best regards
Charlie

Fanie

I was watching Metallica ENTER SANDMAN - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS and was stunned at the amount of UFO's in the video  :o
https://rumble.com/v3rpfmd-metallica-enter-sandman-nothing-else-matters.html

Turns out it was my screen that was so dirty  ::)

Fanie

A lot of water ran into the sea since I was here last time  ::)
My latest toy...

bandit.jpg

I've been riding around with it some, and it's not too bad.
But you know how it is.  In a short while it's not fast enough any more.
Considering a Hayabusa, or a B-King, or a ZX14 and no I don't like the H2.
Will probably go for the Hayabusa 2nd gen, I'm a Suzuki fan (they don't break),
and spares are plentiful.
What do you think ?

Here's some inspiration for you, and I'm now working towards driving like that during daily commuting.  It will save a lot of time, and if everybody does that we can save the Sick Africa's broken economy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RZ5wU-Fg0
Fastest EVER Lap of the Isle of Man TT | Peter Hickman - 136.358mph

Fanie

Quote from: charliecoutas on Aug 04, 2023, 04:48 PMHow can two entangled particles be "in touch" over a vast distance in zero time?
Best regards
Charlie

With respect to an answer, referring to the previous post, working towards that solution Charlie.

charliecoutas

Cheers Fanie, looking forward to your thoughts. Good to hear from you again.

Charlie